Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ohio Rep. wants to eliminate concealed carry permit - WTOL.com - Toledo's News Leader |

Ohio Rep. wants to eliminate concealed carry permit

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 7:14 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 17, 2011 7:14 PM EDT
By Lisa Rantala - bio | email
Posted by Desmond Strooh - email
Video Gallery

1:38

WTOL.com Top Stories
Piece of the World Trade Center to be installed in Wauseon, Ohio
Jehovah's Witness convention brings visitors, dollars to Toledo
Perrysburg school honors soldier with award in his name
Crack in Toledo garden halts highway work nearby
Perrysburg Elementary establishes ‘Bradley Hart Service and Citizenship Award’
Ohio unit to be deployed to Afghanistan
'Great value' seen in Obama, Boehner golf outing
Cancer death rate gap widens based on education
German prosecutors shelve Nazi investigation
(WTOL) - The governor of the state of Ohio could soon make carrying guns into bars legal and one state representative wants to take it a step further.

Rep. John Adams from the 78th District introduced a bill that would allow concealed weapons to be carried into universities, day cares, places of worship and government buildings excluding courthouses.

The bill also eliminates the need for a permit. Training and a certification to carry would only be required.

"I have total faith in the law abiding citizen who takes the course and is proficient with weapons. I'm comfortable with those people," Rep. Adams told WTOL11.

He says bringing concealed weapons on campus or into church would not invite trouble despite the shootings in such places across the country.

"What if a professor had his concealed carry license and was able to prevent those killings?" Rep. Adams asked.

Rep. Adams introduced the bill last Thursday. He's now waiting on it to be assigned a committee. Committee is where this bill died twice before when Rep. Adams introduced it in his first two terms.

Now that the House and Senate passed a bill that would allow permit holders to carry their concealed weapons into bars this term, Rep. Adams tells WTOL11 he is encouraged.

"I've learned in the legislature that there's no guarantee as to what bill passes and doesn't pass," said Adams.

He says laws similar to his bill have already been passed in Alaska, Arkansas and Wyoming.

Copyright 2011 WTOL. All rights r

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I so hope that this goes passed!!!!! Only time will tell... Gotta love having guns lovers in out government!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Watching this intently, the family is in Cleveland, but Ohio doesn't honor my permit to carry. we do honor theirs though. Kinda wish this passes, or at least changes reciprocity standards.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
It's a long road. I've been sending emails to our congressmen and senators telling them to support CC or face certain loss in the next election. Daily emails. They bend to the will of he masses and get daily updates on the volume of messages so it all helps.

·
Registered
519 Posts
This would be cool, funny thing is I just took a structure of argument class. My main subject was about allowing ccw in college campuses lol.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Ohio has too many liberals for a bill to pass that would allow carry without a permit. We have passed some awesome carry bills lately and I see some folks digging their heals in on this one.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The bill passed 25-7. And is now on Gov Kasich's desk. He is expected to sign it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sorry, my last comment was not right. The bill allowing CCW holders to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol as long as they dont drink passed and is on the Gov's desk. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Alright the bill is passed and is now an act, John K. Is to either sign or veto this act within 10 days. If not signed or vetoed it will pass within 10 days. buckeye firearms.org said once passed it'll take 90 days to take effect.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Alright the bill is passed and is now an act, John K. Is to either sign or veto this act within 10 days. If not signed or vetoed it will pass within 10 days. buckeye firearms.org said once passed it'll take 90 days to take effect.
10 days after he receives it. He hasn't received it yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts