Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the Emerson CQ7, but the price tag is a tad high. Looking for something that is tanto with serrated blade.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
You wont find other knives with the wave feature. Spyderco used to have some. And i think benchmade did with emerson a while back. If you just want a cheap tanto get a kershaw.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Kershaw Blur Tanto half serrated. Seen one at Wally World for $55.00.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Wave is patented by emerson, but there's plenty of other knives that apply the same principal of catching something on your pocket as you draw it to flick it open. Cold steel ti lite, cold steel ak47, I've also recently seen a smaller CRKT m16 folder with a similar set up.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
You wont find other knives with the wave feature. Spyderco used to have some. And i think benchmade did with emerson a while back. If you just want a cheap tanto get a kershaw.
Spyderco still uses it under license. The 2-month old Spyderco Endura4 in my pocket says so right on the blade.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Spyderco still uses it under license. The 2-month old Spyderco Endura4 in my pocket says so right on the blade.
I thought they stopped i hadnt seen them online lately. The wave works much better than other brands like the cold steel TI lite which i have. Im a big fan of emerson knives very simple designs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree, the Emersons are expensive, but IMHO they are also worth it. I only have one, and I keep buying other brands (Spyderco, Cold Steel) because I can't justify it right now. There is a difference in quality in the cheaper ones I've bought and the more expensive Emerson I have. Not to say that those brands of equal price aren't good, but what I've bought is not nearly as good as my Emerson.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My edc, is an emerson Combat Karmabit. EVIL looking little thing and with the wave it is faster that an automatic opener. I also have a cqc7, specwar and the fixed karamit. I feel neked without my K-bit and feel like I've got myself a passable backup to my XDS 45. PLUS our Prosecuting attorney (I work for the sheriff's office) said it is perfectly legal here in Missouri. Now I just need to get the Super K-bit! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts