Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have this guy that lives next dorr he is very old and he has decided he is going to move to a nursing home i didnt know until today that this guy has an arsenal in his house lol and hes offerd to sell off some of his collection somthing i realy liked when he opend his safe was this little j frame .22 but i dont realy know wat its worth any ideas he said he wanted $150 so im gunna get it regardless but i think thats a little low and i dont wanna rip him off hes a real good guy

·
Administrator
22,473 Posts
Brand, model, round count?

·
Registered
193 Posts
it's hard to tell the make and model as i'm not good with wheelguns, but it is a six shot. if you post the make and model someone will inform you for sure

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
It looks like the Smith and Wesson seal on the grip and its a 6 shooter. S&W has too many damn revolvers to narrow it down lol.

·
Registered
532 Posts
It looks like it may be a K-22, but if not, it is probably what is called a .22 Kit gun built on the smaller frame, such as the J-frame. Either one in the condition of this one is easily worth $250.00.

·
Registered
29,893 Posts
The model number should be inside the frame, in front of the cylinder when the cylinder is opened.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it is a smith and it says mod .63 it is a six shot .22 longrifle they have so many diffrent revolvers i didnt know where to start

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its a smith and wesson modle .63 .22lr kit gun thanks for the help guys i love the trigger on this thing its super crisp and clean with almost no creep wat so ever. i was looking online and found a couple selling for $300-450

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
If they guy offered it to you for 150 then you are not ripping him off. He knows what he paid for back then and he knows what he wants out of it now. Give him the 150 and go on. Now if you made him a low ball offer knowing what is worth then you would be ripping him off.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well im gunna offer him $225 cuz hes at that age where he remembers when gas was $.10 a gallon and dosnt seem to relize times have changed lol. hes got a **** load of ammo for it too but he says its all like 20-25 years old so idk if i wanna take it. any sugestions on that its thunderbolt

·
Registered
81 Posts
Omar, grab it. $150.
nah, you dont want it. tell him I will take that and any other guns he has, sight unseen.

Keep your powder dry,

Max

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
At 250...you are STILL getting an amazing deal on one of the best shooting 22 revolvers ever made.

Go for it.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think i might offer him one amount for everything in his collection has a couple .22 rifles one scoped 306 a few shotguns an old antique musket and a few others

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
if you wanna sell one of those 22 rifles let me know.

·
Registered
518 Posts
If they guy offered it to you for 150 then you are not ripping him off. He knows what he paid for back then and he knows what he wants out of it now. Give him the 150 and go on. Now if you made him a low ball offer knowing what is worth then you would be ripping him off.
I agree, what if the old guy likes you as much as you like him? He's making you a good deal, I say take it.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Maybe just mention that you think its worth more and would like to offer him more for it... that would be respectable, just guessing but he probably would turn you down for paying more anyway if you are friends.

·
Registered
29,893 Posts
Speaking as someone who's been in that position--that is, the chance to buy a gun for much less than it's worth because the seller wasn't aware of it's value...be honest. Tell him that you did a little research, and the gun is worth more than he is asking. Allow him to decide what he'd like to sell it to you for.

You'll feel better about it.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Take the high road, let him know the real value and tell him he could get more for the pistol than he's asking. Let him decide if he still only wants $150 for it. If he's anything like me, he'll stick with the $150 price point.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts