Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so got a camelbak squadbak, a 6 gallon pack with 3 hoses off the back standard camelbak size, one over the shoulder todrink from and a graden hose to fill stuff up fast.

cool idea. I figure if shtf big time and we end up in a squad sized group it could be a life saver. everyone would have a 3L camelbak or at least 2 liters of water depending on what we were doing, but one person pack would be something like that (or have it attached) If my mmath is right at 48 lbs that would be their whole load, of course i'd have to fill it up and see if its comfortable not really sure its designed that well.

could definitely hook it to a bicycle though.

got this for free, I also have 4 camelbaks and an inline water filter for camelbaks (all for free) What would be the best way to get clean water into a backpack such as this and fill it relatively quickly for all 6 gallons. Needs to bee lightweight, and affordable ish.

·
Super Moderator
22,220 Posts
Come here water boy!!!!

Seriously thats a lot of water weight!

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come here water boy!!!!

Seriously thats a lot of water weight!
I know enough i'm thinking an Alice frame for it might be justified. the more I think about it 2 jugs hanging off a bicycle seat for a non combatant might be the way to go. they would balance eachother, the person would have no trouble keeping up with the people on foot.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
I know enough i'm thinking an Alice frame for it might be justified. the more I think about it 2 jugs hanging off a bicycle seat for a non combatant might be the way to go. they would balance eachother, the person would have no trouble keeping up with the people on foot.
Screw carrying that much weight ... I'd want to take my portion and walk away from you ;) if you asked me to carry all that water.

Steal :rolleyes: or make one of these -

And modify it so you can pull it by hand or bicycle.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Screw carrying that much weight ... I'd want to take my portion and walk away from you ;) if you asked me to carry all that water.

Steal :rolleyes: or make one of these -

And modify it so you can pull it by hand or bicycle.
if were in a real riot situation me and my buddies armor weighs nearly that much and with our med kits and food you wouldn't be carrying anymore. but the carts a real good idea. thinking of using a frame which i already have for a bike and putting it on a bike if shtf (a frame for people that go grocery shopping via bicycle) the best medic I know wouldn't be able to shoot anyone so I think I"d put him on the bike bringing the supplies and gets him relatively out of harms way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts