Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed a local ad near me that a guy has a single stack WASR 10 for $250. From what I understand the only thing you have to do to convert it to take regular double stack AK mags is grind out the mag well.

Considering the potential value after conversion it seems like a good deal.

And no, I don't need another AK..:D

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Aren't the wasr 10's the guns that are a really loose fit in the mag well once converted back to AK form? Perhaps you could do a better job.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Noticed a local ad near me that a guy has a single stack WASR 10 for $250. From what I understand the only thing you have to do to convert it to take regular double stack AK mags is grind out the mag well.

Considering the potential value after conversion it seems like a good deal.

And no, I don't need another AK..:D
seems like a hella-deal to me...spend a few hours on it and flip it on Armslist...

·
Registered
751 Posts
Nothing wrong with a WASR as long as you can inspect it in person. I would buy it

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Caveat emptor!
Single stack & conversion issues aside, ya know what they say about a deal that sounds too good to be true.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I passed the deal on to a friend. It is a good solid gun. Previous owner didn't know much about AKs and thought he got gyped when he bought it used. He was just trying to recoup some of his loss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts