Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
The WASR-10 is a very basic "politically correct" Kalashnikov.
It has no muzzle threads, and no bayonet lug.

The WASR-10/63 is a more "military aspect" Kalashnikov.
It does have a threaded muzzle with slant brake, and a bayonet lug (and includes a bayonet in the box).

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Do the numbers have any significant meaning? Or is it just more of the model-labeling arbitrariness you see ... just about always?
Revised front trunnion to 'current' milspec. Like the SAR was. The WaSR front trunnion is specific for the single stack and isn't as 'strong' (the '63' gives more support to the bolt carrier), but they aren't full auto either-thats when it counts. More surplus parts on them too, you will find filled/restamped numbers on them sometimes. And it 'should' have the forward grip on it too...Pistol Mitralieră 63...almost an exact Russian AKM copy (which started in 1963)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't really care about a bayonet lug or bayonet... but is the threaded muzzle and slant brake something that is a big deal on these? I know what they do, but don't know if one without can be made to have these. I don't know much about AKs but I am interested in one before the election possibly. Basically... is it worth $70 for a 63?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I don't really care about a bayonet lug or bayonet... but is the threaded muzzle and slant brake something that is a big deal on these? I know what they do, but don't know if one without can be made to have these. I don't know much about AKs but I am interested in one before the election possibly. Basically... is it worth $70 for a 63?
It's easy to thread a WASR-10 muzzle to the commie standard of 14x1LH.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts