Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently purchased a WASR 10 and i've heard a LOT of mixed reviews about it. It's either a love or hate thing. I am a huge shotgun fan so this will be my first assault rifle. I know that some variants may not be compatible with all upgrades so this is where i need help. I'm more into the function and durability than I am the look or the tacticool factor. I was was looking for some trigger upgrades, bolt work, etc. Just some stuff to make it an even better gun. i might do a rail with a laser or a small scope but nothing too expensive. I just want this to be the rifle that will never die!!!! lol All information and opinions are welcome and greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

PS pics would be nice to reference if possible along with were i can find any parts you suggest

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
the tapco trigger is pretty nice in mine. if you look at yours it should say on the side if it is tapco. I think pretty much all of them have tapco triggers unless you bought an old one.

as far as upgrades go, I have a tapco slot brake and a hogue grip. I am looking into a ghost ring sight set.

I had a bad experience the first time out with mine and had to send it back.

I had a head space issue and it wouldn't cycle. also be sure to soak your bolt in some solvent for a good long time. if you have anything in your bolt the pin will stick causing a slam fire.

I got mine back and it runs perfectly and is accurate as it needs to be.

I doubt you will have any issues but if you do CAI will take care of you.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congrats on your new gun,I love mine it works like a champ every time I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine has treated me well too.
It feels alot better if you put some time and effort into finishing the furniture a little better. Mine came very rough sanded.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys thanks for all the feedback!!!! i am looking into some different finishes also. i saw one on the ak pic thread that was nice!!! it had a brake on it that i haven't seen before and that got me to thinking......will any ak break work on my wasr? or does it have to be a certain pitch or thread to be compatable. and what are some of the finishing options as my looks really old and stored. i want to bring it to like new. thanks again

·
Registered
942 Posts
The tapco triggers that come in them are fine IMO.
Adding a Hogue grip is a great addition to any AK.

And im pretty sure the WASR muzzle is threaded for 14x1 LH (many options for this thread pattern), I like the slant brake myself.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I love mine too and do recommend a new grip (but not going into which one I got;) ) and finishing the furniture. I just might order that brake that Bonehead mentioned. I'll just add it to all of the other stuff I need to order.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. i was also looking into different type of finishing opts. which one is more durable for outdoor conditions? red clay, mud, grit, rain, snow, etc. and should i attempt to do it my self or take it to a "Smith"? Thanks for all input!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love mine too and do recommend a new grip (but not going into which one I got;) ) and finishing the furniture. I just might order that brake that Bonehead mentioned. I'll just add it to all of the other stuff I need to order.
is that much of a top secret? must be one of those off the truck military specialty thinger-ma-bobbers huh? lol your secret is safe with me.....

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
Ok. i was also looking into different type of finishing opts. which one is more durable for outdoor conditions? red clay, mud, grit, rain, snow, etc. and should i attempt to do it my self or take it to a "Smith"? Thanks for all input!!!

ya know... I don't see the need to refinish them. they survived many years without high tech paint jobs or plastic doo dads and performed pretty well.

I hear dura coat is pretty ok though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh ok thanks!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts