Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a Century WASR 10/63 with the side rail attachment and was wondering 1) If I can buy a scope that will attach directly to the rail and 2) What scope should I mount on to it to enhance my accuracy.

Thanks for any help yall can provide.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
they do make mounts that will attach to the side rail, right now I forget the manufacturer. I'll get back to you when I can remember.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The one I use is called BP-02 made in Belarus. A google search will show a few places that sell them. One thing is to make sure you get the correct mount. I believe there are 2 types - one for the SVD and another for the standard AK.

It's just a mount so you would still need some optic to put on top. I like the Burris Fast Fire II and Bushnell TRS-25. As far as magnified scopes, not sure if anything more than 4x will help, given the range of the 7.62x39.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
check out kalinka optics.

I used a 3x9 POSP scope which was pretty awesome (but heavy). Check out all the PO, and POSP scopes. they work pretty well with sidemounts.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys I'll check it out. Also thinking about adding a foregrip to it. Give me a little more stability. The only problem is trying to sort through everything to actually get what I want for a decent price.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
If you also want a foregrip, you might want to look at the Midwest industries quad rails instead. You can still add optics (co-witness red dot), but not a scope (you can, but it would be weird). For the foregrip, you will need something short (stubby) because any longer will interfere with magazines longer than 20 rounds. I also like the Magpul AFG.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you also want a foregrip, you might want to look at the Midwest industries quad rails instead. You can still add optics (co-witness red dot), but not a scope (you can, but it would be weird). For the foregrip, you will need something short (stubby) because any longer will interfere with magazines longer than 20 rounds. I also like the Magpul AFG.
Now is the Magpul able to work with the Midwest Ind. quad rail or is it a separate system all together?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Now is the Magpul able to work with the Midwest Ind. quad rail or is it a separate system all together?
Try the AK pics thread or google it. There are few pictures of the two together. You would need to buy each separately. I think u can get the quad rails for $110 and the AFG for $30.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just a note...the scope will not increas your accuracy. It will aid your eyes, but the accuracy will still come down to the fundamentals: barrel, ammo, trigger, and you. (mainly you). If you can't hit something at 100 yards with irons, chances are you may not hit it much better with a scope.

As mentioned Kalinka Optics and other companies provide a bunch of side-rail options. Mounting optics boils it down to one question: magnified or non-magnified? That changes where and how you should/could mount it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Elbows you are correct I did misstate my intentions for wanting a scope.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts