Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i want some input on this to make sure i got my facts right cas the more i think about this the more i get mad about it.

In Washington DC it is illegal to carry guns period. There arnt any options at all. Isnt this a obvious violation of the 2nd ammentment?

I watched obama comment on this at a town hall meeting when a college student asked him about it.

He uses the same comparison each time that he has the right to free speach but you cant yell fire in a theatre. He says the govt has the right to add restrictions.

He said that we have the right to bear arms but the govt has the right to add restrictions.

This isnt similar because you do have the right to speak free but to yell fire if there is none that would be dangerous and illegal.

However if i am not a felon and i am not doing anything dangerous then i should be able to carry. I have done nothing wrong. There is no reason for a restriction.

As for washington DC i dont think the govt knows the difference between a restraint and a complete outlaw of something.

The founding fathers say that if any govt trys to infrindge on any of these rights it is up to the people to take their rights back.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
17,759 Posts
Get ready for a shock...about 90% of what the Federal Government does NOW is UN-Constitutional...go look it up, it will make your jaw drop

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The founding fathers say that if any govt trys to infringe on any of these rights it is up to the people to take their rights back.

Thoughts?
Well NSA sure has there hands full with this site today!! haha

Fixed it for you.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what are we supposed to do just accept the fact that this county isnt the same as it used to be and thats ok cas we are just citizens? or start a new country

·
Registered
17,759 Posts
So what are we supposed to do just accept the fact that this county isnt the same as it used to be and thats ok cas we are just citizens? or start a new country
You and I both know what needs to happen...will it happen...you will know when it does...and it WON'T be pretty...so be prepared like a boyscout and "protect your own"

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
It's illegal to yell fire only when there's no fire.

It should be illegal only to shoot someone when there's no threat.

They don't remove your vocal cords when you enter a theater, do they?

Why then do they remove your means of defending yourself when you enter the most dangerous cities in the US?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yes, DC is outside the constitution on that. But before they get taken to court and it goes up the chain they will keep it that way.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's illegal to yell fire only when there's no fire.

It should be illegal only to shoot someone when there's no threat.

They don't remove your vocal cords when you enter a theater, do they?

Why then do they remove your means of defending yourself when you enter the most dangerous cities in the US?
Well said!

·
Registered
632 Posts
That is not the only freedom D.C. has taken from their citizens, hence the reason D.C. has on their license plates "Taxation Without Representation."
The center of our republic and its citizens are denied basic rights.

The phrase go talk to your congressman does not work with them.

·
Registered
608 Posts
it's so when the SHTF they can't shoot anyone they want

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in VA, and have a concealed carry permit, but I work in DC. I carry all the time in Northern Virginia. The part of DC I work in is the downtown business district, so it is pretty safe as well, but go outside of that area by a few blocks, and you are in cracktown. About 5 years ago, I was robbed at gunpoint in DC - an armed robbery and attempted carjacking (the bg's couldn't drive stick!). There were people standing 10 feet away, watching 2 guys point a gun at my head and take my wallet.

That day, like every day, I had left my gun at home because it is illegal to carry in DC. The criminals brought their guns.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Was just talking to my step father he is a retired DC Metro cop, shot three seperate times in the line, and he won't carry a gun in DC, because of how Nazi they are.

·
Registered
403 Posts
In Washington DC it is illegal to carry guns period. There arnt any options at all. Isnt this a obvious violation of the 2nd ammentment?
Unfortunately, not under the Supreme Court's current interpretation of the Second Amendment. You can't outlaw ownership of handguns or other weapons in common usage, and you can't restrict their use for self defense in the home, but you can restrict how and where people can carry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts