Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just found your forums and have a question. Was I supposed to get a copy of my instacheck or some sort of registration with my XD's serial on it.

The reason It came to my mind is...what if my gun gets stolen...of course i could just write the serial down and store it somewhere...but I was still thinking that I should have gotten something from the dealer (Sportsmans Warehouse) besides a receipt.

any thoughts?

thanks and hi all!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't remember exactly what I received when I bought mine, but you do have a registration card that you send into SA...right? Also if your XD was ever stolen I'm sure the dealer has a record of it with your name and the serial.

It's always a good idea to write it down for your own records too, maybe even snap a few pics of it and store them away safely. Just in case, because you never know.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Your purchase receipts should list gun and seriao number. That is your record. I am not sure how long dealers keep files (5years?) but most are not happy to go dig through them for you. They will usualy charge a fee for this. ALso if you sell the gun keep a record/bill of sale of the transaction.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
manygunner said:
Your purchase receipts should list gun and seriao number. That is your record. I am not sure how long dealers keep files (5years?) but most are not happy to go dig through them for you. They will usualy charge a fee for this. ALso if you sell the gun keep a record/bill of sale of the transaction.
The receipt is just a plain old register receipt..does list gun...but no serial.

Well, I've only had it a little over a month...maybe I call the store and ask them.

thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
10,575 Posts
You can ask for a copy of the ATF 4473 form,
most FFL will give you one after a little grumbling.

Ed

·
Registered
237 Posts
Definatly keep your own records and if possible bill of sale. I take pictures, print them and save them on a disk with the information captioning the picture. If I sell one, I try to get something from the person I sold it to and clearly mark on my records the date it was sold.

·
Registered
197 Posts
:? Here in Michigan,......you get a little slip to take to your local Police station,.......then the clerk gives you your ppistol-permit (safety inspecection card). :roll:

Buying long-firearms does'nt have that hick-up, so sometimes you only get a Reg. slip from the sporting goods store.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
dude the number of your gun is attached to your a** forever
relax!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts