Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a real itch to get a SA EMP in 9mm. So much that I thought about trading my Kimber Pro Carry II. Went as far as to try and trade on a couple of other forums and sent an e-mail to the owner of the gun range I frequent to be on the lookout for a good used one.

I just cleaned my Kimber a few minutes ago and took the 22 conversion kit off it. Got to checking it out with the fiber optic sight and adjustable rear sights and said to my self, "Self, why in the hell are you wanting trade this thing. It is dependable as can be, got a great feel, easy to carry, and it looks great. Well I talked myself out of it. No way I am parting with this gun.

An EMP will just have to be an addition to my 1911 collection and not a replacement. One day when the funds are available I will have one, but for now, my Kimber will keep it's place at home.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Hard to have too many. My wife has an EMP and I don't shoot any where near as well with it as I do with my Pro Carry, Champions, or even my Stinger which has the same frame size. Good gun though. She shoots very well with it.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I sold my Kimber CDP Ultra after buying my 9mm EMP..
I have no regrets..
Not a one..

Whatever works for you is cool with me....

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have had a real itch to get a SA EMP in 9mm. So much that I thought about trading my Kimber Pro Carry II. Went as far as to try and trade on a couple of other forums and sent an e-mail to the owner of the gun range I frequent to be on the lookout for a good used one.

I just cleaned my Kimber a few minutes ago and took the 22 conversion kit off it. Got to checking it out with the fiber optic sight and adjustable rear sights and said to my self, "Self, why in the hell are you wanting trade this thing. It is dependable as can be, got a great feel, easy to carry, and it looks great. Well I talked myself out of it. No way I am parting with this gun.

An EMP will just have to be an addition to my 1911 collection and not a replacement. One day when the funds are available I will have one, but for now, my Kimber will keep it's place at home.
It's always a bonus to like what you already own!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Love my Pro Carry II. Anything else is in addition to.
Like the saying goes, rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. ;)

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
If your Kimber runs 100% and hits where you want....I'd keep it.

I currently have 4 1911s. I always think "I'll trade away one when I buy my next one" but then I get to thinking and decide that its not smart to ditch 1911s that run 100% and hit where I am aiming.

I'd never ditch my Kimber TLE II...too accurate...too reliable.

- brickboy240

1 - 8 of 8 Posts