Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All--

Are there any benefits or downsides of sending in the warranty registration for SA XD?

Thank you in advance. Am enjoying perusing this forum, learning lots.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
If there is a recall they will notify you.

If you sell the gun some buyers pay less if the registration card is missing because some companies only warranty the gun for life to the original owners.

I never send the cards in, with the internet if a recall is happening its easy enough to find out. They will register it at that time.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I register online usually, I am a gun buyer, never sell unless I can't use the gun
You usually get a healthy discount at the SA store for 90 days to buy spare mags or whatever for any Springfield you own.

Reactions: 835mag

·
Registered
8 Posts
I register online usually, I am a gun buyer, never sell unless I can't use the gun
You usually get a healthy discount at the SA store for 90 days to buy spare mags or whatever for any Springfield you own.
I considered this but then realized my local gun shop sells XD mags for about 25% less than the SA site.

·
Registered
XD 40, XDm 45 OSP, XDm Elite 9mm OSP, XDs Mod2 9mm
19 Posts
My last warranty registry I got myself a few 22rd 9mm XDm Elite mags for I think it was $21 or so, a few more XD 40 12rd mags(because 14 isn't enough for some reason) which were $14.99 or $12.99, and a few more XDm 45 16rd mags which were also in the $20 range. Not to mention the other BS that's all at a nice discount. It all shipped($8 or $9) super fast FedEx and arrived I think 3 days, maybe 4, after I placed the order. Oh, and before I placed the order, I called SA customer service about ordering one of the slide mounting plates, and she informed me the first one is free(for some reason there wasn't a card or paper with the stack of stuff in the box when I got it) which saved me $25 and shipping, so I'm waiting until I feel the need for more mags to register my other 3 SA pistols I've got in the last 3 months.

I'd say worth it, if only for the discount, but have always done it online.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I considered this but then realized my local gun shop sells XD mags for about 25% less than the SA site.
Mine only stocks Glock Mags, they will order anything of course, but just a few dollars off.

·
Registered
XD 40, XDm 45 OSP, XDm Elite 9mm OSP, XDs Mod2 9mm
19 Posts
Mine only stocks Glock Mags, they will order anything of course, but just a few dollars off.
Ya, Glock mags are usually pretty readily available, Springfield Armory XD-line mags are usually a rarer find in general, then for it to be the correct one you need and have it be a reasonable price... Often has you going back to ordering online. I really do all I can to support local shops, but at $65 4473 ffl transfers, mags priced $10-$25 a piece higher than online prices, and I could go on, but as supportive as I'd like to be, I have to be practical at the same time, unfortunately cash reserves are not what they were a year or so ago.

Really just wish ammo would come down a BIT so that shooting more frequently would be possible, but because of external causes, things are jacked...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts