1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
wow...that's an exspensive air rifle....I'd rather put in a .22 conversion kit in one of my ARs to shoot on the cheap.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow...that's an exspensive air rifle....I'd rather put in a .22 conversion kit in one of my ARs to shoot on the cheap.
While I agree with the last part of your post, I too would rather get a conversion kit or one of the dedicated .22LR uppers. I have to disagree with the first part, that's not an expensive air rifle.

You can pretty easily spend $3,000+ for a target grade air rifle with sights.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Not a bad idea, but somewhat pricey and unnecessary. I guess if you're a insane-crazy-about-ARs guy, then you probably have to have that. It is cool that it can be used with a standard lower, and I can understand why the price is where it is. Still, I have no need for something like that. After all, I already have a 9mm AR.

If I did want something tacticool with a pistol grip that I could shoot in the basement, i'd get the Beretta CX4 Storm airgun:

Beretta - CX4 Storm 88g CO2 unique belt-type 30-shot pellet magazine Air rifle

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts
Wonder if Aquila super colibri's would make it out of the barrel of my AR?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The purpose of it is for High Power competition shooters to practice at home and cheaper than firing match grade .223 at 200 yards.

If you figure a top ranked competitive shooter needs to fire between 5,000 and 10,000 rounds a year to stay competitive. 500 match grade pellets will cost you $8.50, match grade .223 ammo like Black Hills will run you at least $35 for a box of 50.

Of course for a few hundred dollars more you could buy one of the real nice electronic trainers and get a lot more detailed feedback on your shooting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts