Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess my googlefu is not working today but I cannot come across a set of new sights for my new Rem. 870. Right now it only has a bead front sight but I would like a set of ghost rings sights with maybe trijicon or something of that sort. Any help will be appreciated. It came with the two shot extension that is one less thing I need. But also it says it is a seven shot but when I load into the tube I only can get six. Does it mean six in the tube on in the chamber or what. Also someone suggest some HD shells. I has been a while since I have owned a shotty.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
You dont really need a sight on a shotgun. You would be better served with a tactical light and mount.

However, if you just have to have one, Wal-Mart sells Hi-Viz fiber optic front sights.

I personally use Federal Tactical Low Flash/ Low recoil in #00 and #4 buckshot. Another option is Nobel Sport LE Low recoil ammo available from Ammo, Ammunition, Rifle Ammunition, 9mm Ammo, Military Surplus . It is good ammo and is cheaper than Federal.

For tactical accessories try these places:

Mesa Tactical: Products : Products

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/index_sgt.htm

Tactical Shotgun Accessories

- Tactical equipment, self defense gear, shooting supplies AR-15

DeltaForce.com

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks XDRox for the wilson site. Tally I do plan on getting a forearm for it possibly the sure fire, as for the Ghost ring sight ( it sounds weird I know) I used one on my old winchester that I used for my trap and skeet team and worked perfectly well for me I just always lost the bead from my sight during practice and competitions and never really looked back. But anyways thanks to all that helped me.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
I like having sights on my patrol shootgun, a Mossberg M590DA1. I keep it loaded out with slugs, and I am confident with them to 50 yrds. The weapon is still fast on target for 00 or bean bags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts