Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to preface this discussion by making you aware of my newbiness and my boredomeness, and just a touch of drinkyness.

Let me start off to say that because I live in Maryland, there is no way I'm CCWing, at least not legally. But I'd still like that lawless option should SHTF. And I'll probably get holsters for both of them soon, but all of that ruins the fun now doesn't it?

I want to buy a holster, probably an IWB. The two guns that are contenders:

1) SA XDm .45 acp 4.5. I don't have to tell you anything about this gun you don't already know.

2) Star Firestar .45 acp. Below are the details I remember, and anything I think is accurate from online, as well as my "limited" 20 year experience with the gun.

Price (1991): $279
Manufacturer: Star Bonifacio Echeverria SA
Weight: 36 oz
Length: 6.7 in
Barrel Length: 3.8
Capacity: 6+1

I put about 2,000 rounds through it when I first bought it. Had one or two stovepipe jams very early on. I've put a few 100 rounds through it recently without any failures. Very heavy gun for its size these days.

And finally, a pic:

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
Can you OC? I don't know Maryland. if so, get a holster for the XDm, , I like having more capacity.

IF you just want it for SHTF ccing, getting one for the other would be good, smaller conceals better, Though i have to say, I'd ve extremely wary about CCing if it were not allowed, even in SHTF, because cops might just be even more on edge, making for a very bad situation.

In short, it depends.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, we can't carry anything here, unless we're politically connected. If I carried either it would be illegal.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
OK, then if we're talking about SHTF TEOTWAWKI, here's my take. I'd say get a holster for the XDm, because of capacity and OC. This is ONLY, if there is no longer a function government, worst case scenario. OC is a deterrent for the petty thieves of the world, and it is a little quicker to get the gun into action than having it under a garment, at least for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts