Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all new to the site a this will be my first handgun purchase.

I am really having a hard time finding a gun shop locally the can find me and XDM 40. I want the all black model. I finish my CHL tonight and shoot this weekend but it will not be my gun I qualify with unfortunately.

I am going to a gun show this weekend so maybe I can find something there.
Does anyone know if you purchase the XDM from a gun show distributor if you still get the magazine rebate.

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello all new to the site a this will be my first handgun purchase.

I am really having a hard time finding a gun shop locally the can find me and XDM 40. I want the all black model. I finish my CHL tonight and shoot this weekend but it will not be my gun I qualify with unfortunately.

Does anyone know if you purchase the XDM from a gun show distributor if you still get the magazine rebate.

Thanks
As long as you're buying the gun new from any dealer (gun show or not) and you can show proof of purchase, SA will accept the form for the 2 extra mags and mag carrier. As for finding an all-black XDM-40, it seems to be hit or miss in different markets. One person on this board said there were a ton in a TX gun show last week, but they are hard to come by here in Central FL. You may want to do some internet searches and see what you come up with. Good luck searching! :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea if that was the Saxet Gun Show. The Saxet gun show will be in town this weekend?

Thanks
Frank

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know anything about Bud's? Good People? Dependable website?

·
Premium Member
260 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I picked up an XDm 40 at the West Palm Beach Gun show in mid October. There were about 12 of them there amongst 3 dealers. About half were black.

I went to the show again the first week of November and there were at least 4 times that many although many of those were 9s.

A number of local dealers in the area have them in stock as of earlier this week - they are priced fairly high though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was looking at getting the XDm40 myself but couldn't find them local (Southside/SW VA). I did stop by a big chain dealer and they wanted almost $700 for one in Bi-tone. I ended up getting a black XDm9 local and love it. The local dealer has only been able to get 2 XDm's a week (on Friday) and they are gone the next day.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do you know anything about Bud's? Good People? Dependable website?
They supposedly have a good reputation. My friend is in the process of getting an XDM-40 from them. The one that shipped had a scratch though, so he is awaiting another one to ship to his FFL. The only customer service issue is that they are completely overwhelmed right now, due to the post election frenzy. It's nearly impossible to get a hold of someone within a week. Any other time, it's not normally an issue, but these are unusual times. Good luck!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am going to wait an see if I can get one at the gun show this weekend. If I can't then I will take the option of getting one online if no one can still get one for me.

Yes I tried to BG.com and no one answered the phone within an hour.

Thanks for all your help guys. Hopefully I have one by the end of the weekend.

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
I picked up an all black XDM 40 at the Great Southern Gun Show in Jackson, MS last weekend for $619 + tax. There were only three at the whole show, one at one table and two at another. As of last week there was only one XDM available between two of three the major gun shops in the area. Dang, I wish I had known about that free magazine offer from SA before I ordered three extra mags from Pistolgear yesterday. Oh well, I guess too many is better than not enough :mrgreen:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh well, I guess too many is better than not enough :mrgreen:
It is always better too have to much than not enough. Unless your are talking about a woman. Then to much woman can suffocate you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts