Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 2 lcp's gen 2 both were bad . I'm afraid of Keltec or bodyguard maybe taurus . What do you think ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glock 42 great but too big

·
Premium Member
128,000 Posts
Nothing wrong with Keltec or Bodyguard, IMO.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Glock 25 or 28

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sig P238 is pricey but unbeatable in quality. Bersa Thunder is by far best bang for your buck. I own both and have yet to have a failure with either.

Sent from my XT603 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
If you're going for something concealable, why not up the ante to 9x19? That will expand your possibilities. I've got big hands, and some of those itty bitty pocket pistols are just too short of a trigger pull for me to bother with.

If you're looking for something small but easy to shoot, and you're willing to jump up to 9mm, an XDS is a very good choice.

Edit - Doh, I just realized the OP already has an XDS.

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
SIG 238. You will be happy!

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
i have an lc9 that hasnt given me any reliability issues, i have had less failures than my SD XD SC 9

i know the lcp had feed ramp friction issues, was it a failure to chamber a round?
i polished my feed-ramp to a mirror finish with 2000 grit wet-sand and hadnt had an issue.

·
Registered
804 Posts
For a truly pocket gun in 380? I'm about to pull the trigger on a Kahr CW380. You may have to put up with a longer break-in, but the end result seems worth it. I tried a used P380 and my LGS's rental LCP. The little Kahr was better in every aspect, in my hands at least. Softer shooting, and more accurate. The LCP also had a FTF where the Kahr was perfect. Same price for both the CW and LCP in Stainless Steel.

For those saying go 9mm; The micro 380s are around 12-13 oz's loaded. A CM9/LC9 is closer to 20-21. A big difference in a pocket of gym shorts. I already have the slim 9 base covered. I also have a 642 for a bit lighter. Bulk and weight reduction are my goals. I want one gun that I don't have to adjust my wardrobe around. The G42 is just too big IMO also.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Walther PPK/s.

I've never met a more accurate .380.
Fixed barrel man, they do that.

I love those guns but they try to eat my hand so I won't ever own one, AMD likely not shoot one again unless I have to.

The LCP has a great reputation for a .380 though. Sorry about your luck.

I personally have no use for the caliber though, too expensive and anything smaller than my PM9 just won't be shootable for me.

You can always try a Kahr CM9 for a pocket pistol.

Why .380 anyway other than the small size of many available pistols?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a XD s to heavy

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
How are you carrying it?

It's a big pistol to try and carry.

If you're going belt carry, a good belt and holster makes a world of difference in comfort.

Any physical issues like chronic lower back problems? The weight on the hips can definitely have an effect carrying all day.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
I just picked up a Kahr CW380.... very good size for a pocket pistol, quite accurate. I only have a few rounds through it, and just like the CW40, it is recommended to put at least 200 rounds through for "break in".... but as soon as I have more range time, I expect it to be problem free just like its big brother.

Highly suggest looking at it... the little CW380 is a great shooter from what I have found so far! (And oh, so easy to conceal!!!)

(JawJuh beat me to it... but had to plug the Kahr again anyway... great gun, especially for under $400!!!!)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts