Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 45acp XD 5.25 today and unlike my 9mm 5.25 this one has an acceptable trigger. If you remember my 9mm had an average of 9 pounds depending were you measured from. This one is in the 5 pound range and is actually smooth. The 45acp is a Black on Black version. I only got to shoot some Blaser Brass 230gr RN FMJ so far and she runs just like a champ.

If any one is interested I have 6 of these available.

The 45acp is on top: notice the trigger positions. The 9mm is further back a result of the sweet Springer Precision Trigger job. Scott`s trigger is further back to start and helps eliminate most of the take up associated with a stock trigger.

The 45acp 5.25 feels like it is heaver than the 9mm 5.25. Since the 45acp has more power behind it if you notice the underside pictures they did not have to make the internal weight cuts like they did with the 9mm. And the slide is slightly longer than the 9mm with both slides to scale with each other.

Side of the slides showing the difference in length. This will be important if you have to use a holster with a strap, my recommendation is buy the 45acp version and then you can easily use it with the 9mm/40. If you buy the 9mm/40 version of a holster potentially the strap will be tight with the larger 45acp.

And the frames, showing that the length of the frame is just a touch longer and showing the larger grip to fit the 45acp.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tomorrow when I get to put more ammo through her, I will know more. I only had time to run a magazine of Blaser brass 230 RN FMJ. I will have to run my Winchester ranger 230 HP to see if she is my new carry gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts