Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Setting aside the FACT that I'd be better off buying another XD or Sig...if I were compelled to spend $500 plus on the first pistol that I could name on-sight by make and model, should I go German or new/improved (?) S&W/domestic? Anyone have experience handling and shooting both side-by-side?

·
Registered
786 Posts
i have a German PPK stainless in .380 got it new in early 90s love it. still seems tighter after over 1k rounds then a new S&W I looked at a few months ago. bit heavy compared to newer .380s

·
Registered
878 Posts
Wife has a Ger,am PPKs. Loves it. I'm not over fond of it. I don't like the mag release or the sights. It is a nice looking gun though. Very well built.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I carry a S&W PPK. Having collected Walthers since the early 80s if given the choice between a German made PPK and a S&W I would pick the German. S&W saw fit to monkey with the design, much too their grief considering the recall several years ago, and I would prefer the original design.

Yes, I have a German made PPK but since it was made in 1942 and falls within a serial number group of SS PPKs it ain't the one I will be dragging around in my pocket. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts