Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Walther P99 in 40 cal. I recently bought 3 12 round factory Mec Gar magazines for my gun. one of the magazines does not drop free when I use the mag release, it will release, but I have to pull on it to get it out. My 10 round magazines drop free with ease.

All 3 12 round magazines are a little hard to get in the gun when loaded with 12 rounds, and none of them will drop free out of the gun when loaded with 12 rounds.

Even with the slide back, the magazines are a hard to get in.

Does this get better with use? I have not shot my Walther with these magazines yet, because I was not sure if I could cause some damage to my gun.

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Sometimes extended or after market mags stick or are tighter in the mag well. Should not hurt anything, Go to the range and run ammo through all three.

I would recommend numbering the mags so you know if a certain one is causing an issue

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies. I'll take it out to the range and run a few boxes through them next weekend.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I have a few magazines for my P99's, all Walther branded, Italian made (I'm pretty sure that means MecGar) and I've no problems with them dropping. Mine are 9mm btw.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a few magazines for my P99's, all Walther branded, Italian made (I'm pretty sure that means MecGar) and I've no problems with them dropping. Mine are 9mm btw.
Did they just work well from the get go, or did it take some time for them to start dropping like the others?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Did they just work well from the get go, or did it take some time for them to start dropping like the others?
The last two I bought 4-5 months ago and I've had no issues with them, I'll be at range Monday or Tuesday, I'll do some testing and see.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took the P99 and the suspect mags out for some shooting this weekend. The magazines worked just fine, no failures what so ever. I guess I was just over thinking it.

150 rounds of Federal, 50 rounds per mag...0 failures.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Took the P99 and the suspect mags out for some shooting this weekend. The magazines worked just fine, no failures what so ever. I guess I was just over thinking it.

150 rounds of Federal, 50 rounds per mag...0 failures.
Thats good news. I'm going shooting with my Dad tomorrow and I'll be taking a P99.

Ammo prices around here are high. I wish I had brought more of my hand loads from the house.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news, I'm going shooting with my Dad tomorrow and I'll be taking a P99.

Ammo prices around here are high. I wish I had brought more of my hand loads from the house.
You load your own? Nice, I have a few hundred 40 shells I kept, but will never re load. Do you want them?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
You load your own? Nice, I have a few hundred 40 shells I kept, but will never re load. Do you want them?
I have a friend with a very nice Lee reloading setup and if i buy everything needed I can go down and reload all I want. We just had a full load on this trip so I didn't bring much ammo with us for the week.

Heck yeah, I'm always in for some good brass.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a friend with a very nice Lee reloading setup and if i buy everything needed I can go down and reload all I want. We just had a full load on this trip so I didn't bring much ammo with us for the week.

Heck yeah, I'm always in for some good brass.
Great, glad you can use it. I sent you a msg.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts