Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent last weekend firing a suppressed Walther P22 and I have to admit it was an absolute blast! I had actually been avoiding the P22, in favor of a Browning Buckmark, since I have read about reliability issues with the P22.

Anyway, I have to admit that is one seriously fun little pistol - I'm glad I finally picked one up.

What a great way to spend the day!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I picked up the a green/black one at Sportsman's Warehouse a couple of weeks ago for $299. Took it to the range and put 200 rds of CCI mini-mags through it without a hitch. As you said, great fun to shoot. People complain about having to use the "expensive" ammo, at $6.50 for 100 rds vs. $34 for 100 rds for my xd45c, it is very affordable.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the standard Federal ammo as well as the Remington subsonic with no feeding issues.

The only problem I had was that the first round in a magazine would occasionally get a light primer strike. Fortunately, the solution to that was easy - just pull the trigger again:).

·
Registered
345 Posts
Glad to hear you are liking the Walther. As much as I wanted her to get a Buckmark my wife has decided on the P22 for her first gun. I'm hoping it is problem free and she enjoys it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love my Buckmark too - but the P22 just seemed more 'fun'. Not sure if that makes sense...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I finally also got my new Walther P22 (the newer version with the updated grip) to the range.

I put 500 rounds of CCI through it without a hitch, ran a boresnake through once and put 300 rounds of Winchester bulk through it. Had maybe 2 -3 failure to feeds due to the feed ramp being very dirty. I wiped the feed ramp off when it jammed and it ran like a champ.

Overall I am very impressed with this gun. When I got home to clean it, I was amazed this thing was able to fire without many jams due to how dirty it was. Also this plinker is crazy accurate.

I think you will enjoy your Walther!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was looking at getting one for the wife due to the smaller grips. Just holding off and learning more about the feed issues. Sounds like you guys didn't have many. Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's the reason I waited so long to get one - I was nervous about the potential feed issues.

Maybe I was lucky, but I didn't have a single misfeed - which is pretty good for 400 rounds of .22...

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had one and it was a great little gun to shoot. It was the limited model that came with the 5" second barrel. I ended up selling it to a friend for his daughter to start out with.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
I fired a friend's of mine last thursday. I was so impressed (blew out the Xring at 10 yards), I decided I would get one ASAP..and maybe two. One for me and one for the wife!

·
Registered
42 Posts
They are great little pistols, and server well as a suppressor host. I shoot mine with my SWR Spectre sometimes. No feed issues here.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
I bought an older model that came with two barrels. I have had it for a few years and never dehorned the trigger bar or ran it through the p22 bible because the thing shoots cheap thunderbolt all day everyday. I am worried if I tinker with it the reliability will go out the window.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i hear about the problems with the p22's, i own a couple of them, fun little plinkers. mine have never gave me any problems.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
I went out and purchased one yesterday. The range I normally fire at, doesn't like .22Lr or any .22's to be fired. So I will have to wait until I can go with my friend to his outdoor range. I did pick up 100 rds of CCI HPs and 50 rds of CCI Stingers. I believe that I might use this as a backup to my R1.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I did a bunch of research on the P-22 before I got my Buckmark. It seems the early P-22's had some problems, but those have been worked out over the last couple of years.

Before buying, I shot one, and really liked it. In my area, I couldn't get one for the price that I was hoping for, and picked up a BuckMark in Stainless for $75 less than the cheapest P-22...... I'd still like to get a Walther though.... maybe THAT will get my wife into shooting!!??

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had mine for almost 2 1/2 years now, and i know i have put over 5000 rounds through it. i have shot cci clear down to wildcats. I have only had issues with it when it was dirty or extremely cold outside, like under 20 degrees F. I have the short barrel and it is the older model. And it is very accurate for a short gun. I Definitely would recommend it to anyone. They have gone up some in price since i bought mine, but i still recommend them.:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts