Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent last weekend firing a suppressed Walther P22 and I have to admit it was an absolute blast! I had actually been avoiding the P22, in favor of a Browning Buckmark, since I have read about reliability issues with the P22.

Anyway, I have to admit that is one seriously fun little pistol - I'm glad I finally picked one up.

What a great way to spend the day!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I picked up the a green/black one at Sportsman's Warehouse a couple of weeks ago for $299. Took it to the range and put 200 rds of CCI mini-mags through it without a hitch. As you said, great fun to shoot. People complain about having to use the "expensive" ammo, at $6.50 for 100 rds vs. $34 for 100 rds for my xd45c, it is very affordable.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used the standard Federal ammo as well as the Remington subsonic with no feeding issues.

The only problem I had was that the first round in a magazine would occasionally get a light primer strike. Fortunately, the solution to that was easy - just pull the trigger again:).

·
Registered
76 Posts
I finally also got my new Walther P22 (the newer version with the updated grip) to the range.

I put 500 rounds of CCI through it without a hitch, ran a boresnake through once and put 300 rounds of Winchester bulk through it. Had maybe 2 -3 failure to feeds due to the feed ramp being very dirty. I wiped the feed ramp off when it jammed and it ran like a champ.

Overall I am very impressed with this gun. When I got home to clean it, I was amazed this thing was able to fire without many jams due to how dirty it was. Also this plinker is crazy accurate.

I think you will enjoy your Walther!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the reason I waited so long to get one - I was nervous about the potential feed issues.

Maybe I was lucky, but I didn't have a single misfeed - which is pretty good for 400 rounds of .22...

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had one and it was a great little gun to shoot. It was the limited model that came with the 5" second barrel. I ended up selling it to a friend for his daughter to start out with.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
I fired a friend's of mine last thursday. I was so impressed (blew out the Xring at 10 yards), I decided I would get one ASAP..and maybe two. One for me and one for the wife!

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
I bought an older model that came with two barrels. I have had it for a few years and never dehorned the trigger bar or ran it through the p22 bible because the thing shoots cheap thunderbolt all day everyday. I am worried if I tinker with it the reliability will go out the window.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
I went out and purchased one yesterday. The range I normally fire at, doesn't like .22Lr or any .22's to be fired. So I will have to wait until I can go with my friend to his outdoor range. I did pick up 100 rds of CCI HPs and 50 rds of CCI Stingers. I believe that I might use this as a backup to my R1.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I did a bunch of research on the P-22 before I got my Buckmark. It seems the early P-22's had some problems, but those have been worked out over the last couple of years.

Before buying, I shot one, and really liked it. In my area, I couldn't get one for the price that I was hoping for, and picked up a BuckMark in Stainless for $75 less than the cheapest P-22...... I'd still like to get a Walther though.... maybe THAT will get my wife into shooting!!??

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had mine for almost 2 1/2 years now, and i know i have put over 5000 rounds through it. i have shot cci clear down to wildcats. I have only had issues with it when it was dirty or extremely cold outside, like under 20 degrees F. I have the short barrel and it is the older model. And it is very accurate for a short gun. I Definitely would recommend it to anyone. They have gone up some in price since i bought mine, but i still recommend them.:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.