Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife decided on a Mossberg 20 ga. youth model for her HD gun...Walmart has em' for $199 here...Before I buy,I've heard different stories about some of their guns being seconds or lesser quality ( ie. woods and finishes )...Don't know if this is true or not...I never bought a gun from Walmart...So just looking for some input here from anyone who knows if this is BS or not...Anything I've ever seen there looked fine to me...Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
BS

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I think it is BS. Plus you're buying a home defense shotgun for 199 dollars. How bad could that be? For that price I want one and I'm not a youth, not a woman, and don't need another shotgun.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it is BS. Plus you're buying a home defense shotgun for 199 dollars. How bad could that be? For that price I want one and I'm not a youth, not a woman, and don't need another shotgun.
Heard that...I'm picking it up tomorrow morning...

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Wally World GTG!

The 20 ga my g/f has is from there... and it is great.

Also Federal 20 ga Bulk 100 pack that WM sells shoots great out of the Moss 20!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
10 years ago bought Winchester mod 70 .300wsm for $390. Still have it and it is great. That Walmart doesn't sell fire arms any more. Bummer. Buy her the shot gun, can't go wrong.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
In fact, I bought a Ruger 10/22 there for $183 a couple years ago.
And it doesn't suffer from the problems others have, like the trigger pins falling out of the receiver when you turn it sideways.
I hate you. :lol:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I bought my maverick 88 there couple of years ago, not a single problem out of it.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Urban Legend so you go spend a hundred dollars more at Gander or wherever. I just wish Wally World had a bigger selection here.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I've bought 2 guns from Walmart, not one problem. I heard the same thing about different quality, I think it's all bs. They have some good deals on their rifles most of the time. Thinking about getting a Remington 12 gauge in camo finish myself. They want 300 I think. Looked good and felt good. It has no rattle either, very tempting.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
You can buy guns at Walmart, if you want to wait, on sale coming up I THINK Black Friday, 20% off. Check their online site for the ad. Good Luck.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts