Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who shoot AR..... After 8 months with an "out of stock" status at Wal-Mart .223 WWB has made its way back in stock again. It is still priced at $7.73 for the 40 round value pack. New loads in bright shiny brass. Made in Israel. :D

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Does this mean that we'll get some range reports??? :D

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING

DO NOT USE THAT STUFF IN A SEMI-AUTO!!!! I had bought some earlier in the year and almost blew my AR apart. They do not crimp the bullet properly and as it fed into my rifle the bullet was forced almost all the way into the case. I was lucky it ended up as a failure to feed jam. I shudder to think what would have happened if it fed and I pulled the trigger. I would not trust WWB .223 in any semi auto from that experience, it may be ok for boltguns though.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I've seen more than sufficient evidence that the whitebox 223 is just fine for an AR. Every single 3-gun match I've ever been to, at least half of everyone at them are using it and its not blowing up their gun. I've put plenty of it through NFA ARs just the same without issues.

Don't try blackball something just because you have a problem with it.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Wolf is the only way to go for true quality.
You're joking, right?

Wolf may be fine for just plinking and shooting SOMETHING out of your barrel, but "true quality"?

·
Registered
287 Posts
manygunner said:
WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING

DO NOT USE THAT STUFF IN A SEMI-AUTO!!!! I had bought some earlier in the year and almost blew my AR apart. They do not crimp the bullet properly and as it fed into my rifle the bullet was forced almost all the way into the case. I was lucky it ended up as a failure to feed jam. I shudder to think what would have happened if it fed and I pulled the trigger. I would not trust WWB .223 in any semi auto from that experience, it may be ok for boltguns though.
I realise that every ones experience is different. However I have not had any problems with WWB .223 ammo in any of my AR's... I shoot it when I can get it and after 3 or 4 thousand rounds of the israeli WWB I have had exactly zero problems.

As always YMMV but that has been my experience...

currently I am shooting british mil surplus... nice and hot and cheap.

·
Registered
442 Posts
FWIW, WWB is all my Bushmaster has fired with out any FTF, FTE, or kB. Had to see how many acronyms I could fit in :lol: Oh and it is indeed back in stock at my local stores too :twisted: But I'm broke :roll:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
OK, your gun, I am just reporting what happend to me.

Overkill, yes, Wolf is quality. I have had less problems with Wolf then with any other brand. The 20 year shelf life is just icing on the cake. I am considering Barnaul silver or golden bear in the future though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
OK, your gun, I am just reporting what happend to me.

Overkill, yes, Wolf is quality. I have had less problems with Wolf then with any other brand. The 20 year shelf life is just icing on the cake. I am considering Barnaul silver or golden bear in the future though.
I dont know about calling it "quality" ammo. I would say it works.. Quality ammo is Federal, Winshester, Remington, Speer, Hornady, etc..

I shoot at three ranges her in CA. None of them allow Wolf ammo because of guns being damaged due to Wolf ammo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
WARHEAD'Z said:
For those of you who shoot AR..... After 8 months with an "out of stock" status at Wal-Mart .223 WWB has made its way back in stock again. It is still priced at $7.73 for the 40 round value pack. New loads in bright shiny brass. Made in Israel. :D
I bought all the local Wal mart had to offer! (10 boxes)

Now I just need to finish building my AR...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hrdluck13 said:
I shoot at three ranges her in CA. None of them allow Wolf ammo because of guns being damaged due to Wolf ammo.
That might be their excuse. Some ranges won't let you shoot it because they can't turn around and sell the brass. They might have invented that story just so they wouldn't have to argue with customers. Do they allow Blazer aluminum ammo at that range? If not, it's not because of damage ;)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I too had a wal-mart bullet fall apart inside my rifle. It failed to feed into my rifle and ended up falling apart in my hand when I got it out. Never buying Winchester rifle ammunition again. Which by the way, is very shocking to me.

Wolf gives me failures to fire once every 500 rounds. I have never had any other bullet fail on me. I use brown bear as much as Wolf, never had a problem with it.

P.S. This is all about a 7.62x39 round.

·
Registered
21 Posts
[TASF said:
Maverick]I too had a wal-mart bullet fall apart inside my rifle. It failed to feed into my rifle and ended up falling apart in my hand when I got it out. Never buying Winchester rifle ammunition again. Which by the way, is very shocking to me.

Wolf gives me failures to fire once every 500 rounds. I have never had any other bullet fail on me. I use brown bear as much as Wolf, never had a problem with it.

P.S. This is all about a 7.62x39 round.
Sorry to hear of your bad experience. The ammuntion we are talking about is not actually made by Winchester. It was made in Israel. Where was your ammuntion made and what variety was it?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Now if you have somehow gotten ahold of the made in Israel (IMI) 5.56mm ....Q3131A. That is VERY good stuff.
I've got 1000rds of it stashed away in the even the SHTF.

·
Registered
347 Posts
FatMatt1981 said:
Now if you have somehow gotten ahold of the made in Israel (IMI) 5.56mm ....Q3131A. That is VERY good stuff.
I've got 1000rds of it stashed away in the even the SHTF.

Is it hard to get ahold of? The local Sportsman's Warehouse had a raft of it last week....

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[TASF said:
Maverick]I did not keep the box. I still have the bullet, it simply reads 7.62x39 WINCHESTER around the primer.
Was it going into an AK or another commie variant? Those rifles are better off to use steel casings.

Winchester WWB works perfectly in my Mil spec DoubleStar AR carbine. This .223 ammo is made in Israel. .........(polished with salt from the Dead Sea, annointed with holy oil, blessed by the Rabi, then shipped by a king's convoy to use by wise men in America for funnin' and gunnin')

1 - 20 of 23 Posts