Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got me cwp this week and went to Wally World. I didn't have a map but walked thru the store got a box of federal .45's And did my normal grocery shopping. I was carrying a Glock 21 in an Alien Gear IWB holster and it concealed great! :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Well done.
Carry with Confidence. :)

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of responsible gun carriers! Keep your skills sharp, and always carry. Stay tuned to this forum to get all your questions answered. They may not be answered correctly, but you'll get an answer never-the-less. Probably many answers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the wonderful world of responsible gun carriers! Keep your skills sharp, and always carry. Stay tuned to this forum to get all your questions answered. They may not be answered correctly, but you'll get an answer never-the-less. Probably many answers.
I found out that if you ask a question, 9 people will answer and you will get 11 difference answers! :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Your Walmart "allows" concealed firearms???

·
Registered
326 Posts
Bending down to see if they are hiding some bullets in the way back of the locked shelf. If they catch a glimpse of it? It just depends on what clothes I wear and how I bend down and walk around.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Better be carful bending down with that massive hand cannon in your waistband.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Better be carful bending down with that massive hand cannon in your waistband.
Sometimes it's not my hand cannon, it just helps me get dates. :lol:
I sometimes wear a shoulder holster.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I did my Walmart walk today with my glock 23 in firearm holster in shorts and a T!! I felt comfortable but I still feel if I were to wear something lighter or under armour material I need to buy a .380!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I did my Walmart walk today with my glock 23 in firearm holster in shorts and a T!! I felt comfortable but I still feel if I were to wear something lighter or under armour material I need to buy a .380!!!
Not to get off topic but the Glock 42 is a great "pocket" pistol.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

If you live in a state where printing is an issue then this could be a problem. I wear a Under Armor base layer shirt tucked in behind my holster and a Under Armor heat gear loose shirt untucked over my XDs and have no trouble hiding it, I just have to be a little more conscious of how I bend so that I don't print. I have even used this same combo with my XDsc in my Alien Gear although the double stack printed much easier than the single stack. I run a modified Pierce Grip extension on both of my carry guns.

I just purchased a new shell for my XDs so I can carry it in my Alien Gear. It does help that I live in a state that allows open carry with no license or concealed carry with a license. I am not worried about printing or even if my gun comes uncovered. It also helps that my local Wally World sells rifles, shotguns, and ammo for both as well as pistol ammo (at least they have barcodes showing that they did have it...:) ).

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
One of the few things that's good about the Illinois concealed carry law, is legally no worries about printing. They included "mostly concealed" language, so if we print or the wind blows our shirt up for a second, no legal problems.

Doesn't mean I'd walk around with a spandex shirt printing all over the place, but one less thing to worry about.

·
Registered
326 Posts
If you live in a state where printing is an issue then this could be a problem. I wear a Under Armor base layer shirt tucked in behind my holster and a Under Armor heat gear loose shirt untucked over my XDs and have no trouble hiding it, I just have to be a little more conscious of how I bend so that I don't print. I have even used this same combo with my XDsc in my Alien Gear although the double stack printed much easier than the single stack. I run a modified Pierce Grip extension on both of my carry guns.

I just purchased a new shell for my XDs so I can carry it in my Alien Gear. It does help that I live in a state that allows open carry with no license or concealed carry with a license. I am not worried about printing or even if my gun comes uncovered. It also helps that my local Wally World sells rifles, shotguns, and ammo for both as well as pistol ammo (at least they have barcodes showing that they did have it...:) ).
Same with my state but the Walmart that I go to says, "No concealed firearms" on a sticker on all the entrances. They also quit selling real firearms a LONG time ago. But they still sell ammo.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts