Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Walmart sells 100 40cal at 15.97 and 100 9mm at 10.58? this is the cheapest I have found not counting re-loads which I refuse to put through my gun.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
:D they are 180 high shock federal classic's couldn't belive they marked them down from 25.00 to 10.00 wish they had more shot some last week they tear the heck out of the ground a guess I should check a couple of other store nice to have extra ammo just in case. :evil:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wallyworld does have some great prices. I bought wwb 100 round value pack 45 acp for 19.95 Friday. It seems my wife has started adding ammo to her grocery list, it's the only way i don't complain to much about going with her. Bribery can work wonders

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wallyworld does have some great prices. I bought wwb 100 round value pack 45 acp for 19.95 Friday. It seems my wife has started adding ammo to her grocery list, it's the only way i don't complain to much about going with her. Bribery can work wonders

·
Registered
208 Posts
i got UMC .45 at sportsmans wherehouse 250 rounds for under 50 bucks. and www.jgsales.com has good ammo prices.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Was just at wally world today stocking up in anticipation, got some 165 Grain WWB, but on the way home I stoped in at Sports Authority they had WWB 50 rounds of 185 Grain for $9 a box that was not bad if you prefer the 180 Grain, and Fedral Hydra shock HP for $13 for a box of 20. Plus the customer service is so much better and they had tons in stock.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I know this is a pretty simple question, so it should have a simple answer. But I'd like to hear it.

I've been to two gun shows in the past couple months. They have all this bulk ammo. Boxes of 500-1000 rounds.

It's still more expensive than Walmart.

I look on line, and again, the big on-line discount places are the same or more than Walmart. Add in shipping, and it's more.

Where are the deals? Is Walmart the end all of it? Are the gun shows good for rifle ammo? (I see all this rusty looking stuff loose in plastic bags...I have no idea if the prices are good or not...since I don't know rifle ammo prices...I assume it's all re-loads or old surplus stuff).

But for new pistol rounds...is WWB from Walmart the best deal I can expect to find anywhere? And is Walmart the exclusive distributor of the stuff?

Edit...The stuff in the link (post above... .45 Cal) ...steel cases, Russian. Harmful to guns? Same as Wolf?

TIA.

Peace,
D.

·
Registered
182 Posts
go to your local gun show. at mine i get S&B and PMC for cheaper than WWB at wally world and I get to give my money to a local business not the evil empire. I buy a case of 9mm S&B for $98 including tax. I get .40 in PMC for $145 including tax. lower price and cleaner ammo. gotta like that. not to mention my tactical shoots abysmal groups with WWB, but shores up real nice with the PMC.

i only buy WWB at wally when i am between shows or cannot afford a case. but for any caliber the show has been better priced for ammo.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
If you're gonna go to Wallyworld. . .

My local Walmart sells WWB "ValuePack" 9mm for 10.96 + tax
- - Blazer Brass 9mm sells for 5.50something + tax In my opinion the dime or so difference in the price makes up for itself in the quality of the ammo.

Krackels

·
Registered
657 Posts
for one reason or another I can never find 100 round 40 cal WWB here in southern In. maybe im just at the wrong walmart ?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I got the Cabelas shooting catalog last week and they have Sellier&Bellot, my XD likes it, for the following prices... 9mm=5.99/50, .40=7.99/50, 45acp=8.99/50.. not bad prices,
same prices for MagTech ammo.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts