Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my local wally world today to be greeted with a near empty ammo case. WWB 9mm is now $20.97 up a $1 from just over a week ago.

.223 federal bulk packs are a pipe dream now. The man behind the counter said they go out the door the minute they come in.

So i picked up a brick of winchester .22lr (up $.50/bx) and some cci stingers up about $.30 per 50 rounds.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
The buying frenzy has slowed down a bit around here (Phoenix area).

I stopped by Dillon's this past Monday and they had a pallet or two of Wolf .223 for sale in the front showroom (a couple of different bullet weights). Also had milsurp .308 sitting next to it. The price was fantastic but it wasn't at the gouging prices that many shops had a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i can find .223 wolf pretty easily. it's the brass in bulk that is hard to find...at walmart prices

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
The guy at WM told me that they are no longer going to carry the 100 round Federal packs. He scaned the upc sticker and it showed not on file wtf. They just started carrying it. I know that when they get it they get 10-12 boxes at a time. Today they had all the 20 rounds boxes and the 50 round box for 25.00 :(. Although they did have 100 round packs of .45 ACP HP for like 36.00. WE NEED TO EMAIL THEM... I like the Federal more than the Winchester 100 round packs since the federal is the 55 grain and not the 45 grain like the Winchester.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
As of yesterday, one of my local WM Superstores still had 9mm WWB value packs for around $19.99, but was out of the .45acp packs which were still priced at (I think) $28.99 (may have been $29.99). I didn't see any of the Federal .223 bulk packs, but I really wasn't looking for any either.

I am betting that as new shipments arrive, the prices will go up across the board regardless of the brand. Seems to be the trend right now with most retailers.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
I haven't been to WM in over a week so I can't report on local prices. Last week prices were the same as they had been.

For 9mm, in order of best price per round

Blazer Brass 50
UMC (yellow box of 250)
WWB 100

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
9mm WWB moved up to $18.83/100 here, used to be 16.67 while back. Blazer Brass is $7.58/50rnd and that is the new deal for me.

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
The prices need to start coming down. Industrial Metal Commodity prices are crashing faster than the Big 3 automakers. The excuse that Copper, Brass, and Lead are expensive and in high-demand is no longer true. Manufacturing is at a stand still, and so is the demand for metals.

Make some cheap ammo, dammit!

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
they would have to rid themselves of the current inventory which was manafactured under the high commodity prices before prices go down. It will take a while to trickle in.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Simple solution...reload....a box of 100 FMJ 9mm costs me about $11-12

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im gunna start getting into reloading, but i still wanna stock pile as much as i can.

·
Registered
948 Posts
someone said you could place an order for ammo at wm and just go and pick it up when it comes in with no extra charges.has anyone done this?:cool:

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
I buy ammo every payday...not alot...but my stock is growing. This ought to put me ahead of the game in the event prices go through the roof.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
SW side of houston. Wally World @ Hwy 6 and Westpark, my last visit was a couple weeks ago so the price might have went up again with the way things are going :roll:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Simple solution...reload....a box of 100 FMJ 9mm costs me about $11-12
Would reloading really save any money?

Let's pretend I shoot once a month @ 100 rounds per visit. I would pay ~$26 for my .40 ammo at the current Walmart price, so $312 per year. If I reload instead and assume I can do it for half the cost, it would be $156 per year.

If a decent reloading setup costs me $1000, it would take 1000/156 = 6.4 years for the equipment to pay for itself.

Hmmm... I guess it depends on how much you shoot and how much ammo prices increase.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts