Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering on the latest wait times on factory option uppers? Ordered direct from manufacturer's website with a few standard menu options thrown in like polished ramps, etc. Nothing outlandish. Coming up on 4-months now since order. Normal nowdays for most makes?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
It all depends on the mfg and what you ordered, but I think most mfg's on "custom" orders are around 10-12 weeks, so 4 months seems more than a little "off" to me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I called CMMG last week to see what their wait time was since I will have the money in just over another week to place the order. He told me that it really depended on which barrel you wanted and if they were in stock. If the barrel is in stock, he told me it would ship out in about 2 weeks. If not, it could be up to 3 months depending on when the next batch is running. Luckily, the barrel I want, they have plenty of in stock and he felt confident they would still have some when I was ready to order. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, just contacted CMMG on my Carbine. Nothing really special to it, mostly add-ons like upgraded bolt, etc. They said their barrels "were out for chroming", and they would notify me when it started production. This is the same BS they told me two months ago!

Starting to get perturbed. May have to scrap my all CMMG build and switch over to my Lauer receiver and go with an LMT upper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts