Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was down at Bullseye Shooter Supply last weekend (Yes, the infamous one connected to the DC Sniper case) and saw that they offer a XD trigger job for $40. They have a XD cable tied to counter so you can try out their work. The trigger felt nice and light and very smooth. I may have to consider it. Just an FYI for any in the area who are interested.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I might have to go back there and see it. I bought my XD from them last week. How the heck did I miss that? :?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure how they did it. Did not ask, but it felt pretty good. They have a big sign in the back right corner of their case showing it off and one of their moded XDs cable locked next to it for you to try. Sign says $40. I am not sure I willg et it as I like the factory tigger just fine, but thought an FYI for thos interested woudl be a good thing. I am NOT affiliated with or employed by them, this is just a public service message.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went back the other day and payed attention to the demo trigger. THe trigger is glass smooth, light and breaks like a dream. Now the bad part, you can not feel the reset. I am not sure how it was done, the smith was not there and I am not sure he would tell me. I just know I like to feel the trigger reset when I am shooting.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
To test rest you need to pull the trigger and hold it back then re-rack the slide and see how much forward travel till it clicks or you can fire again.
Any trigger work for forty bucks is cheap. But the reason Rich's are so good is the short take up (travel before firing)No over travel(movement after the firing pin is released)and Reset.Good 1911 and XD triggers are less than 1/8 inch Pre and reset.I have seen Rich's work and he rolls the edges to make them oh so sweet.I also live no where near Washington but also be sure all of the safeties still work :shock:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
R/T Performance said:
To test rest you need to pull the trigger and hold it back then re-rack the slide and see how much forward travel till it clicks or you can fire again.
Any trigger work for forty bucks is cheap. But the reason Rich's are so good is the short take up (travel before firing)No over travel(movement after the firing pin is released)and Reset.Good 1911 and XD triggers are less than 1/8 inch Pre and reset.I have seen Rich's work and he rolls the edges to make them oh so sweet.I also live no where near Washington but also be sure all of the safeties still work :shock:
I know how to test it. I did all that, there is no detectable reset point. I am taking a pass on this trigger and advise everyone else to do the same.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No Offense taken. The way I posted my reviews of the trigger were not especially clear. Thanks for trying to help RT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts