1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
The sky is falling... well....

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was stationed at NAS Whidbey when Mt St Helen's erupted on Sunday morning, May 18, 1980. That was about 275 miles away.....we were on an island off the coast of the Puget Sound, and our we actually felt the house shake. Being on the west side of the volcano we never got any ash, but had friends that had family near there and it was very dangerous to even go outside.

·
Registered
19,686 Posts
It probably won't do much, but if it goes off Mt. St. Helen's style, it is going to be catastrophic to the point of it will change what we think of as a disaster.

·
Premium Member
15,590 Posts
I was stationed at NAS Whidbey when Mt St Helen's erupted on Sunday morning, May 18, 1980. That was about 275 miles away.....we were on an island off the coast of the Puget Sound, and our we actually felt the house shake. Being on the east side of the volcano we never got any ash, but had friends that had family near there and it was very dangerous to even go outside.
I flew in and out of Portland a few times last year. From the air... Ya, bunch of volcanos. And Whitney... Yep, Portland will be decimated. Mexico... 100,000s dead? Staggering... But it will happen somewhere, some day...

·
Premium Member
15,590 Posts
My bad, Mt. Hood.

·
Registered
18,769 Posts
Trumps fault.
Russia, Russia, Russia.
Don't kid, if it happened someone would try to find a way to tie it to Trump.

There's no longer a consequence to being a flaming moron and saying dumb stuff, so morons are having a field day.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
We got ash from Mount Saint Helens on our front porch in SOUTHEAST KENTUCKY once the ash got into the jet stream.

We didn't get a lot of fallout from it obviously, but the wind did blow it that far. It still amazes me how much power the earth has.

We have been having a lot of seismic upticks in the last several months.

I think there have been 9 earthquakes measuring greater than 3.0 in the New Madrid fault line just in the surrounding area in Tennessee/Virginia and Kentucky border area this year. Mostly centering around Knoxville and Oak Ridge area, but also near Middlesboro KY, and Bristol Tennessee too.

Not to mention where the dome at Yellowstone park has risen several feet in the last two years.

The magnetic north pole has also shifted towards Siberia, Russia.

All of this stuff is well documented. Lots of stuff been going on under your feet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts