Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Viridian C5L (green laser and light combo) after reading decent reviews and due to the utter lack of aftermarket and OEM parts for the Springfield XD Subcompact models. Own it for less than a year and noticed a couple concerns and wanted to get feedback from everyone else in the XD forum too. So if you own a C5L, or are experiencing any of the following issues (or more), please chime in and share your experiences (good, bad, anything in-between). Thank you!

- Battery life. Do others recommend buying alternative manufacturer batteries? If so, which ones? Or do you find best battery life strictly using their own band? Not sure why Viridian does not make the power source rechargeable, seems like a prudent feature for the next version. It has been 10 years and still, no new model released or even appears to be in development. Underscores IMO the lack of XD aftermarket parts. :oops:

- Programming. For new owners and ones who were unfortunate enough not to get an instruction manual (myself included), cycling through the different options, can easily result in getting stuck in an unwanted cycle. Besides removing the battery to "reset", do you do anything else that works? Which setting do you use the most and why?

- Holster (quite difficult to find many options). Do others mainly purchase the Viridian holster that correctly fits their XD SC? If so which model works best for you? In the past contacted Viridian directly and got three different answers from Marketing Management, Sales, and Support teams. SMH. Seems no one knows definitely what products correctly fit the corresponding XD SC. :unsure: If you opted to get a different holster can you please share (pics would be great too) which make and model? Also let us know why you got it instead of the Viridian models.

- Warranty (mixed reviews on what they honor, cover, and timeline). Has any had a failure of their C5L? Or alternatively, problems requiring Viridian to step in? What were your issues? How did customer service treat you and did they successfully solve your problems?

- Hacks: Anyone have any some to share?

- Alternatives: Besides Viridian's C5L combo model fitting SC, what other manufacturer models do you use strictly for a green laser? As of this writing in 2020 there is also a slim fitting green laser only offered by TRUGLO® | MicroTac Tactical Mirco Laser (SKU: TG7630G) Price is $162.00. Has anyone purchased and used this instead of the C5L? How does the battery life and overall performance stack up? I like the slim design but the batteries as another issue.

Thanks for reading and sharing! :cool:(y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
have you looked at the Olight BALDR mini at all? Seems very similar. I like mine, haven't shot with it yet though. this one does have a built in magnetic charger which is really convenient.

if i were you i would use whatever were the highest powered and reliable battery in that form factor, regardless of brand.

IIRC, holsters are tricky for any light/laser setup. custom kydex or something?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts