Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my C5L came in today. I changed my original order from the X5L due to the diligence of another member here who recommended that it would stick out from the end of the barrel. I only really had time to install it last night and set up the parameters for what I want to come on when I hit the buttons.
Pics. Fit and finish is pretty good, the fit to the gun is excellent:

The ergonomics with my gun are almost perfect...the buttons are set up for ambidexterity and are really intuitive on where they are located. Literally you just extend your finger past the trigger guard and there it is. The flashlight is surprisingly bright and the laser is just stupid bright especially at night. I was also surprised after a quick glance at the manual how specific you can set up the laser/light combos in the "Deep Programming" mode...you can set the light to flash at different brightnesses, frequencies, etc.
All in all it's a pricey piece but imo worth the investment for something that is so intimidating and well built. Can't wait to get it sighted in at the range!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's another shot of the other side of the gun. All of these pics were taken with my phone, sorry for the poor quality.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Well worth the price. Fit and finish is perfect.

Thanks for taking the time in sharing some pics:cool:

·
Registered
120 Posts
What kind of holster is this, and where do you get them from?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hidden Hybrid Holsters These holsters fit full size AND compact XD(m) in one shot. it can be IWB or on the hip. you pick. I have the .40 compact and a full size .45 and they fit the exact same. awesome job guys!! Fill out "contact us" link on their web page, and they'll call you. Semper Fi!!

Attachments

·
Banned
744 Posts
Here's another shot of the other side of the gun. All of these pics were taken with my phone, sorry for the poor quality.

Looks real nice man. I have a compact too and was thinking of veridian. Bad part is i already have a holster. Good part is its a Comp Tac MTAC and a new piece of kydex is like $38 or something so I don't have to get a whole new holster unlike the others.

Anyways, is that C5L around $350 or so?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was looking at them and they are in the mid to upper $200's from what I found online. I will be picking up one of these to replace my surefire X400, as the surefire will be going on my shotgun. That light'laser combo and the holster look like a perfect set up for the XDm 40 compact which is what I have. Was going to have the X400 in a ravens concealment holster which take forever and are super expensive. I will be trying the viridian and hidden hybrid holster set up instead

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hidden Hybrid Holsters These holsters fit full size AND compact XD(m) in one shot. it can be IWB or on the hip. you pick. I have the .40 compact and a full size .45 and they fit the exact same. awesome job guys!!
I've been on that website, and the search won't find anything other than the standard Glock holster. What's the trick?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Same here

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks real nice man. I have a compact too and was thinking of veridian. Bad part is i already have a holster. Good part is its a Comp Tac MTAC and a new piece of kydex is like $38 or something so I don't have to get a whole new holster unlike the others.

Anyways, is that C5L around $350 or so?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I picked mine up from OpticsPlanet. They price matched a competitor's site at $274.99 :cool: Shipping was super fast too, I was pleased with the transaction.

Thanks for the comments guys! I still haven't had a chance to sight it in yet, hopefully when I'm around for a weekend this month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
*sigh*... After buying my XDM .45 Compact, the C5L, that wicked awesome holster and my PRP Match trigger, I'll have dumped over a grand into it. A grand well spent mind you, but it still stings a little...

·
Registered
17 Posts
So it's been almost two years since original post... How's your C5L running these days? Likes? Dislikes? Worth the $250+?

·
Registered
23 Posts
The weight of the Viridian is less than a bullet. It actually gives the frame a balanced feel when field stripped. My biggest issue was finding a holster that was custom fit to my specific guns and after a year of searching, HHH came on the scene and knocked it out of the park. They have a code out that will get you 10% off (XC53), and in my opinion make a product that will impress anyone looking at that style.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts