Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having issues with the Viridian C5L?

Mine will not turn on at times and will not sequence through the different settings. Also had an issue after I did manage to get it on that it would not turn off. Very flaky.

Use to work great. The batteries seem OK. They are fairly new.:evil:

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
That sucks, those things aren't cheap. I'd contact Viridian and test their customer service abilities.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sucks, those things aren't cheap. I'd contact Viridian and test their customer service abilities.
Well I changed the battery again and it seems to be working OK now. I hardly ever turn the thing on and the batteries do not seem to last more than a few months. Maybe I have a bad batch of lithiums. I wonder if the C5L drains from the battery even if not on?

How long does the battery last for the rest of you out there? Of course that will depend on how often you activate it and the settings you use.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Viridian C5L incorporates a 100 lumen tactical light. In fact the Viridian C5L is so tiny, it tucks neatly between trigger guard and muzzle, with no overhang, and will work with virtually any railed gun.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
When the batteries start to run down, they will act strange.
You should be good now with fresh batteries.
I got a batch of batteries with a shipment of Viridians and they seemed to go really fast.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, the battery that came with mine went pretty quick.. and started acting weird. Had no problems at all after putting in a fresh battery. Loving the XDM 45 btw thunderjohn!! :D Now if I could just shoot better hehe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When the batteries start to run down, they will act strange.
You should be good now with fresh batteries.
I got a batch of batteries with a shipment of Viridians and they seemed to go really fast.
Thank you for your response. I'll just make sure I change the batteries on a regular interval. Possibly every 3 to 4 months may work.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I purchased a C5L about 3 weeks ago, it started acting erratic so I took the battery out and tested it, the results were 2.3v on the meter so I went to geta new battery. Today I tested the C5L and it is dead. I tested the battery and again it is reading 2.3v. The battery has only been in the unit for about 2 weeks. It seems like the unit is draining itself, has anyone had this happen? I just purchased another battery and it is working fine again.

I contacted Veridian about 5 minutes ago and Kassi got right back to me stating that they will send me a shipping label to send the unit back so they can repair or replace the unit. Great customer service!!!

Before I send it I was just curious if this might just be a fluke with 2 bad batterys or if the unit is somehow draining itself.

Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I purchased a C5L about 3 weeks ago, it started acting erratic so I took the battery out and tested it, the results were 2.3v on the meter so I went to geta new battery. Today I tested the C5L and it is dead. I tested the battery and again it is reading 2.3v. The battery has only been in the unit for about 2 weeks. It seems like the unit is draining itself, has anyone had this happen? I just purchased another battery and it is working fine again.

I contacted Veridian about 5 minutes ago and Kassi got right back to me stating that they will send me a shipping label to send the unit back so they can repair or replace the unit. Great customer service!!!

Before I send it I was just curious if this might just be a fluke with 2 bad batterys or if the unit is somehow draining itself.

Thanks.
Update:

Viridian has great customer service. They replaced my C5L and it seems to be working perfect. Light seems to be brighter but that might be my imagination. They also replaced the batteries.

Quick question, I noticed after mounting the C5L that the right (when looking at the front of the weapon) rail set is bending out. I screwed the mounting screw in until it was tight. There are about 3 or 4 threads on the mounting screw visible coming out of the right rail.

Is this normal? I just don't want the rail to snap when firing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
They definitely drain the battery even when not in use. I had the same issue, replaced battery several times as a result. I sent it back thinking it was a bad egg, but no, they all do it. Terrible design that it drains batteries just sitting there. Not a fan of Viridian because of this fact.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts