Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally picked up my XD40 yesterday (first gun I've owned) and immediately headed to the nearest range. All ammo was .40 180 grain Walmart Blazer Brass, all 10 shots at 7 yards unless otherwise noted. I shot 200 although I'd only planned on 100 - time flies when you're having fun.

I still have a lot of work to do especially in the areas strengthening my grip, being consistent with the grip, controlling my breathing. I'll be signing up for lots of handgun training in the near future. A PRP trigger kit is on order! :mrgreen:

I found I did best when I got into a 'zone' and felt like the gun was a part of me. It took some effort with a guy shooting a 12 gauge pump shotgun in the lane next to me! :???:

My first magazine right out of the box:

10 shots as fast as I could fire them and still keep my sight picture (1-2s spacing):

A group with one that got away. Most of the time my first 5 shots were well placed but then my hands would get tired duing the last 5:

My best group of the day, 5 shots:

A silhouette with 10 in the middle, 10 at the 'head.' I guess BG would have had a bad day (if he were standing still, of course)

·
Registered
59 Posts
For your first handgun you did really well. As you mentioned that zone is the place to be.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Very nice shooting. I hope I do as well when I get out this weekend.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! :mrgreen: My results @ 25 yards were too embarrassing to post but 7 yards was a good confidence booster.

I can feel myself turning into a gun nut - now if I could only morph my wife into a gun nut too!

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's true - SA included a small white envelope with an empty .40 casing from the tech who test fired the gun!
Yes, the lucky bastards that work for SA! :lol:

Only thing I wish they would do otherwise is send a target with holes punched in it from when they tested it. Oh, and it would be neat to know the load they used in the gun as well. ;)

·
Registered
536 Posts
I hate to tell you this but your XD was no virgin when you fired it for the first time.

If I had a dollar for everytime I have heard that...LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts