Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Viking Tactics light mount, Surefire G2, Troy rails, and Tango down fore-grip.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's pretty bulky.
I guess since its plastic they made it that way for strength and durability. I agree while not as sexy as say a Daniel Defense, its gets the job done well for a lot less.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I thought it might be plastic but wasn't sure. Let us know how it holds up. I've got the VLTOR Offset Scout mount and I love it !!

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I thought it might be plastic but wasn't sure. Let us know how it holds up. I've got the VLTOR Offset Scout mount and I love it !!
So far it feels very good. The hype around them seems to be justified. The VLTOR is getting a lot of praise as well. What do they run price wise?

Its definitely more streamlined than the VTAC

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
I'd put the clickie cap back on the light and move the light to where you could turn it on with your thumb. ;) That "curly" cord is gonna get tangled up.

Just my opinion nikon :cool:

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'd put the clickie cap back on the light and move the light to where you could turn it on with your thumb. ;) That "curly" cord is gonna get tangled up.
+1 that's how I run mine with the Viking Tactics mount also. The Vikings mount is actually pretty damn solid and a great value at $20. It holds the flashlight nice and tight to the rifle where some of the aluminum mounts push the light out a bit.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
That "plastic" is the same type of thermoplastic polymer that the XD is made of. Very strong and durable.

I'd put the clickie cap back on the light and move the light to where you could turn it on with your thumb. ;)
Funny, I told him the same thing in another thread...

Here's my VTAC with my G2 (and no, I don't have the Holosight sitting on the handguards anymore) Rock solid. I bought one for my 6.8SPC upper, as well.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah if the tape switch takes a dump it's simple enough to move the mount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts