1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
22,462 Posts
Did the BG get hit?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Another instance of "You're fired for not letting some scumbag kill you". Walgreens just opened a new store down the street from me. I haven't gone to it and I'm not planning on ever going because of this.

·
Registered
609 Posts
just one more reason we all need to carry on an everyday basis, and train as much as you can. this type of thing is happening more and more and we should be ready if need be. too bad they didn't find these scum outside of the store with multiple holes in them

·
Registered
141 Posts
Its interesting how the Walgreen's employer even asked "why he didnt let employers know" he was carrying.

... well uhhh I think that's because it'd defeat the purpose of a CONCEALED weapon if you're telling everyone about it!

The Atrix

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Walgreen's I think is trying to say they fired him for having a firearm, not shooting it.

Whatever, like my Wife just commented, now everyone knows people who work there "shouldn't" have a firearm per their policy...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Walgreen's I think is trying to say they fired him for having a firearm, not shooting it.

Whatever, like my Wife just commented, now everyone knows people who work there "shouldn't" have a firearm per their policy...
Screw their policy, I would carry anyway. Hell I carry at my job on a daily basis. what they don't know could save their life one day.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I already posted this on MGO forum as well. I think it shows their mentality behind it all. This was a response two people received on usacarry in May from Walgreen's. Bolding is mine..

Thank you for contacting Walgreens regarding this matter. Our policies in this area are designed to maintain the maximum safety of our customers and employees.Store employees receive comprehensive training on our company’s robbery procedures and how to react and respond to a potential robbery situation. In past incidents, employees have told us they’ve found this training effective.These policies and training programs are endorsed by law enforcement, which strongly advises against confrontation of crime suspects.Compliance is safer than confrontation. Through this practice, we have been able to maintain an exemplary record of safety.We’ve made significant investments in security technology in recent years, including increasing the number of digital surveillance cameras at our stores.With upgrades to security technology, we are able to provide police with high-resolution photographs and video of crime suspects.We continue to invest in state-of-the-art security measures and high-definition surveillance equipment and hope that the apprehension of robbery suspects in the Benton Harbor area will prevent future crimes. Thank you for contacting Walgreens to share your comments.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I read about this in 1st freedom. I haven't shopped at walgreens since and will never shop there again. This guy possibly saved numerous lives and is a hero and they should give him a raise and instead they fire him. I will never figure out how some people think.

·
Registered
17,815 Posts
Honestly I think it is time for the good people to email these worms and let them know that their paying customers ARE NOT happy with the utter disreguard for employee and customer safety, and that due to thier decisions like these...we will no longer spend our money in their stores.

Contact Us | Walgreens

·
Registered
21 Posts
I find "compliance is safer than confrontation" a tough pill to swallow when someone is shooting at you. Complying would be taking a bullet at that point, no thanks!

I am now on a Walgreen's boycott as well. Glad the BG's gun did not fire and the guy had a chance to save everyone else there. Good to see carriers protecting themselves and those around them regardless of the "policy" at Walgreen's.

·
Registered
768 Posts
F*** Walgreens...enough said....

·
Registered
768 Posts
Honestly I think it is time for the good people to email these worms and let them know that their paying customers ARE NOT happy with the utter disreguard for employee and customer safety, and that due to thier decisions like these...we will no longer spend our money in their stores.

Contact Us | Walgreens
Thanks for the link! Sent my message....dirt bags! :twisted:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts