Springfield XD Forum banner

Video of reason to carry

5K views 37 replies 32 participants last post by  manygunner 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I am no cop nor attorney, however if I remember what they said in CCW class, you can only shoot if the guy threatens you, not your car. So, you get out of the car, let him approach you with the tire-iron, and "good night" fine sir.

Sad stuff really. My assumption is, there are a few wanted posters with that guys face on it. If there isn't, that is more sad. :cry:

#4 ·
Sometimes abortion would be a good choice, Im thinking this would have been one of those times for his mother.

#7 ·
Old School said:
I am no cop nor attorney, however if I remember what they said in CCW class, you can only shoot if the guy threatens you, not your car. So, you get out of the car, let him approach you with the tire-iron, and "good night" fine sir.

Sad stuff really. My assumption is, there are a few wanted posters with that guys face on it. If there isn't, that is more sad. :cry:
We had a discussion on this video before hacker era (b.h.e). From my torts professor and a brilliant attorney, you would likely be justified for using self defense in this siutation and for defending others if you saw it. Granted, pulling the handgun and firing at will may open you to some liability (or alot), but if he continued to go after you with a deadly weapon, good bye crack addict.

#8 ·
MrTuffPaws said:
I think him breaking the driver's side window would be cause to blow his ass away.
Absolutely. Once that side window went out I'd have popped him thru it. No doubt about it. He's got a crow bar or pipe or something that he could throw at your head at that point and it was obvious that the driver couldn't move in traffic to escape.

#9 ·
seen quite a few threads about this video. dont know if anyone knows or not but this video is a FAKE. it was on the news and **** about how the person was paid to do it and the person in the car agreed to it. Just lucky someone around the car wasnt carrying i guess

#10 ·
If that was me... That would be one dead gangbanger... And in my area I wouldn't even be charged... You aren't defending your car.. you're defending your life and the life of your family inside the car... and it is obvious that traffic caused a retreat to be very hard...

If this goblin had been vandalizing a parked car, then you aren't justified shooting him for smashing up your car if nobody is in it, as he wouldn't be threatening any people, just property... however PA does have deadly force laws that allow you to protect property as well...

#11 ·
branden said:
seen quite a few threads about this video. dont know if anyone knows or not but this video is a FAKE. it was on the news and **** about how the person was paid to do it and the person in the car agreed to it. Just lucky someone around the car wasnt carrying i guess
It was bumfights video, not sure if the person in the car was paid or not. Please find a source for that

#13 ·
This is a very interesting video and discussion.Many lessons can be learned here. 1) your particular area CHL laws will dictate "what constitutes justifiable use of lethal force". 2 ) not every situation "IS" what it appears to be. 3) pulling the trigger may end one threat,but what follows may be worse than that. 4) your CHL is the "last result" step to take,but you took on that responsibility when you got it. 5) I would also have run the perp over before administering "acute lead poisoning". 6) thank goodness I live in the "Republic of Texas".We already had this kind of situation occur and the score was motorist-1 and perp-0.Even some of the usual liberal politicos sided with the goodguy.Remember that Fatman,corner of Westheimer and Shepard at the light? Texas is a great place to have a CHL.Heck...even most non-CHL folks are no billed.........Herman.

#15 ·
slotguy said:
I can tell you it happened here in Las Vegas. I know that street corner. It is on one of the corners of the strip and is a rather tough area behind all the lights. :evil: It did look a little like a planed attack with tire iron being right there.
Yeah, I recognized the gift store. It's on Sahara and LVB.

Like I said in the thread that got shanghai'd, if I had a passenger, I'd have shot him.

#16 ·
For the record, after that was posted here...

I'm the one that submitted it to College Humor. :)

#18 ·
"...how the person was paid to do it..."
So he {It?} made a fast $10 to buy more crack?

Wouldn't have bothered to dirty a pistols bore..the insant he got in front of the bumper would have given him a free pair of crushed or broken legs.

"You just made my Day, MF!" :lol:

#20 ·
yep.. id have to say id of shot him after the window broke. Wi doesent have concealed cary laws. so if i had a weapon with me id of shot him. if not i would of repeatedly ran his ass over untill he was no longer a threat . and if he still breathed i would then consider getting out and snapping his neck to make sure he cant do something like that to anyone else. people like that are a danger to society and should be removed one way or another. immagine that being your wife in that car. OR worse your wife and child in the car...

#23 ·
Engineer said:
If it's the video that I think it is, I would have "accidentally" run him over in my attempts to desecalate the situation by leaving the immediate area.
I second that. As soon as that P.O.S. stepped in front of my I'd have pinned his ass to the car in front of me! SMOOOOOSH! Then I'd get out and ask him if his legs hurt. :twisted:

I too know that corner. It's not the nicest part of town. Once you get between the main 'new' strip and "Downtown" - it's not too pretty. Had a buddy get stabbed in an alley on his way back to the car coming out of Binions after a good night at the poker table. He just so happened to NOT be carrying that night and almost died. He said that if he did have his Glock, he may have been able to de-escalate the situation or simply END it w/o getting stabbed in the chest and having one of his lungs collapse.

From his description, the dude looked JUST LIKE that guy in the video. Long skinny snoop dogg lookin' gang banger w/ a doo rag and a knife. I'm going to send it to my buddy and ask him if this is the turd. If the car smashing was fake or not, the guy is real and prolly is a real bum on the streets looking to do ANYTHING he can to make a buck for his next score.

TAKE THEM OUT! :evil:

#25 ·
Thought that corner looked familiar...If that was my car he'd have 15rds of 9mm hollow points in his AZZ..Had to pull my ASP on a guy who tried to intimidate me at the gas station. A lot of crazies out there so we have to arm ourselves. I carry pepper spray, knife, 24" Maglite, XD9 service in my car...pepper spray, ASP, XD9 when on my motorcycle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.