Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the "run and gun" for the first time today...

Decided to "walk and gun" as this, as expected, is way freaking tougher than it looks. My buddy and I will land up doing this on a scoring system. The shooter is prompted to ready weapon, take off safety then to start. Th shooter must then walk around the corner, take three shots on the man target (One double tap chest set and one head.) The shooter then moves forward until prompted to kneel, they then take 6 shots at the dueling tree flipping the red target to white with each successful shot. Finally the shooter must then put the M&P on safety (-1 point if this is not done), draw the Buckmark and take 5 shots on a 10" target.

We're still working on a strong scoring system and because we're both new to this, time won't be a huge factor for a while.

Watching myself I found a few things...despite losing 20lbs in the past 3 months, I still have a LONG way to go and I am not the shooter I thought I was...this crap was HARD, even at a snail's pace...

Anyway...here's the vid...don't be too hard on me ok...(watch it in 720p)...

Run and gun starter shooting course...M&P 15-22/Buckmark - YouTube

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the goal of the exercise?
Shooting while on the move (figuring I've spent my entire life shooting in one standing position this is helping me to be more mobile)...switching from walking to kneeling...switching from rifle to side arm...

That and fun I guess...why?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Good deal, looks like fun. Hopefully you'll be able to expand your course as you iron things out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts