Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While this has an XD in .45 and some AKs, it has quite a few other guns, so it's here in this forum.

It's been instructive that while filming in night vision to see just how much muzzle flash is being produced on different guns.

Here's a little video I made showing some of the flash produced in a couple of my recent shoots.

YouTube - Muzzle Flash Montage 1 (Sept & Oct)

The big surprise for me had to be just how much unburned powder there is from Wolf 7.62X39mm hollowpoints even after being put through a flash suppressor or a silencer (AAC Krinkov).

Some of the others are somewhat massive but no surprise as I've been filming with a Gen 3 NVD for a while now. Except maybe the Serbu Super Shorty.... We only caught 1 out of 3 muzzle flashes from that fire monster as the NVD would wink out. But, for what you can see only surprises me in that we didn't burn all the hair off our hands.

Enjoy,

Frank

·
Registered
975 Posts
Nice vid but here is some muzzle flash for you. This was out camping and it was pitch black out, all the light is purely from the shot.

-Derek

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Nice vid but here is some muzzle flash for you. This was out camping and it was pitch black out, all the light is purely from the shot.

-Derek

Pretty cool pic there.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
i dont know about other states, but i know its a felony to possess Dragons Breath in Florida.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
What is tannerite?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts