Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get some suggestions, based on personal experience, for a good VFG? I see some out there that cost over $100, and I just can't justify spending that much on a piece of plastic...

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
The FUG is pretty cool, but also has a pretty penny price tag. Tango down with the quick detach are also good! It's a VFG, there's really no arguing this one. So you can go with Bravo Company USA, Inc. AR-15, M16, M4 Tactical Gear, Parts, Accessories. and you'll be happy. But if you want to have matching parts, then the FUG will match nicely with your larue cantilever aimpoint mount.

I think the new mounts from Bobro, are ok, but they're not water tight compartments. Now that you have or will have a flashlight mounted onto your AR, you'll want a place to store extra bats. So a watertight compartment that will fit 2 CR123 batteries will come in handy.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I Have a KAC i paid like $25 for on arfcom i also have a GPS grip pod that i use both work out well the GPS is a little bigger but offers a small BiPod.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I'm looking for one as well. From my research, the Tango Down is probably the best buy when it comes to quality/cost ratio. That said, I'm liking the bipod grips so I'll probably go that direction.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
The older style Tango Down vfg sells for $59.95 from one of the big online sales companies.

I bought a "parts lot" and it included one of the the newer "quick detach"
Tango Down stubbie vfg's. New short model sells for $80.95, very nice quality, locks up tight.
Lever type catch, like a Larue Tactical or AMD optic mount.

Below is a pic with it installed, I am still waiting on a few parts/pieces for the build.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've got a Bobro VFG and a KAC VFG. The KAC is on the gun I grab more often, but that has more to do with the rest of the things on that gun than VFG preference.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Im happy with my Bobro. Pretty solid. Only thing sucks is that it isnt water tight.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
I was just reading that thread. Congrats man! I hope I will be just as happy with mine! I'm sure they will be a LITTLE bit of an upgrade over my UTG rails! :D
Congrats to you as well! Its Christmas on a Friday!
I think you'll love the Omegas. Its a very high quality rail system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts