Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 5" tactical XD-40 new for $415 from the local shop. All black. I already have a Walther PP and S&W 38 Special, but I wanted a modern gun all along. Finally found the right one.

-Can you interchange different caliber barells; could I make my XD-40 fire 9mm?

-What else besides the Xenon light and Laser sights would make sense to mount on the picatinny rail? Anything?

-Anyone used the LaserMax? The internal laser sights..? Any good?

-Any .40 mags that carry more than 12 rounds?

Couple of less important (to me, right now) questions for an XD-newbie... (maybe for someone who is bored)

-What is the best way to take care of this gun's finish?
-Is the gun actually manufactured in Croatia, or USA?
-Where are parts and services replaced and performed?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Boy are you gonna get flamed. Before the "search button monitors" attack you for not doing your homework before posting, I'll help where I can.
FireSeven said:
I just bought my 5" tactical XD-40 new for $415 from the local shop. All black.
A fine pistol at a good price. It should serve you well.

FireSeven said:
-Can you interchange different caliber barells; could I make my XD-40 fire 9mm?
Yes. Check out Pistol-Gear (there is a link on this site) for conversion bbl's.

FireSeven said:
-What else besides the Xenon light and Laser sights would make sense to mount on the picatinny rail? Anything?
I can't think of anything useful. What did you have in mind?

FireSeven said:
-Anyone used the LaserMax? The internal laser sights..? Any good?
Don't have one. I find it rediculous to pay as much for a laser sight as I did for my XD. I have seen them (I like 'em), and I've heard they perform well.

FireSeven said:
-Any .40 mags that carry more than 12 rounds?
I cant help you on this one, but I'm sure there are.

FireSeven said:
-Couple of less important (to me, right now) questions for an XD-newbie... (maybe for someone who is bored)
I'm bored, that's why I'm replying. (you really should have tried a search for these FAQ's)

FireSeven said:
-What is the best way to take care of this gun's finish?
Frequent cleaning, and a light coat of good gun oil is all I use. It works for me.

FireSeven said:
-Is the gun actually manufactured in Croatia, or USA?
From what I understand...manufactured in Croatia, imported and marketed by Springfield Armory.

FireSeven said:
-Where are parts and services replaced and performed?
Springfield Armory handles repair, sevice, warranty, etc...

Good luck.

·
Registered
415 Posts
DrewDog said:
einheit 13 said:
What else besides the Xenon light and Laser sights would make sense to mount on the picatinny rail? Anything?

Bayonet, maybe???
LOL :lol:
Don't laugh, there is one. Someone has a pic around here.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Yeah, it was on a CZ...lemme see if I can dig up that pic...

And...here it is...

Or not. It's accessed by a database so I can't link straight to it. Just copy/past that url.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Okay, first of all: no, you're not a retard ).

Second, a reaction: the first person to try to actually take that bayonet into combat instead of a simple knife IS a retard.

T

·
Registered
16 Posts
FireSeven said:
foregrip (if someone has a full-auto mod?) :twisted:
Which would be illegal in two ways... first a foregrip on a pistol is going to make it an AOW... and second, while it may be possible to make a FA XD, unless you are a C3 dealer or a government entity, you will be breaking another set of laws...

Dont encorage a noobie to break laws... its bad form :wink:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Who says who and who won't get the neccesary license? I know a guy that has one.. it wasn't too much trouble for him.

I encouraged byself btw. :twisted:

·
Registered
214 Posts
FireSeven said:
Infrared-only light..
foregrip (if someone has a full-auto mod?) :twisted:
dunno? just a thought :)
How the hell would you even do that with the disconnector hump on the trigger bar and the trigger actuated striker safety. i havent heard of it being done and im not sure it is possible with the way the pistol is designed.... :? someone prove me wrong.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The glock-18 is fully automatic...how does that differ from a standard Glock...are the mechanics totally different or did they just alter a few things??

·
Registered
138 Posts
There is also a drop in mod for glocks that make them select fire (law enforcement and export only)...

But the XD and Glock are two totally different pistols...

I'm sure there would be a way to make a mod to convert the XD safely... but I don't intend on becoming a class 3 manufacturer and selling the mods to law enforcement... So my interest ends there...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts