·
Registered
3,422 Posts
This is your first post......really?

Dirka-Dirka, Troll Jihad.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Sometimes, yes, slides get slightly marred when taking off and putting on new sights. Its not as if you can do the deed with plastic or foam covered tools! LOL

However, it should NOT leave huge gashes or really awful long and deep marks. Yes....THAT is unacceptable.

But a few small markings.....man...I would not sweat it as long as the sights are on right. Its a Glock....a tool to be carried and used...not a prized nickel plated Colt safe queen for once a year range trips.

A few small marks will not be noticed after a while and I doubt your slide will rust. I have two older Glocks and both have almost no finish left on the slides and neither have a speck of rust.

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
12,117 Posts
Have you posted this over on ArizonaShooting.com? You might get better results raising a local issue on a local board.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It is hard to believe that Glockmeister would use a punch to install sights. That would be the only way I think the dents would have happened. I always make sure if I need night sights installed I make sure that the GS I use has a sight pusher for that gun. I have seen people use a punch and you could not even tell it, and I have also seen the heck beat out of them putting them on with a punch. It is kinda hit or miss!!!, No pun intended!!! Good luck! Dave

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
Maybe the owner, Ben Paz, is still in prison and COULDN'T see the OP to take care of the problem.

I've installed a lot of night sights on Glocks, using the MGW Glock rear sight tool. Never marred a slide yet. Since the pusher never touches the slide, hard to understand how the phosphate finish was damaged.

If the original post is genuine, then not only was the "armorer" incompetent, but their attitude towards customers stinks. Since I found out about Ben's criminal activities, I've not done business with Glockmeister.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
While I understand your desire to have a pristine looking firearm, consider this. It is a tool, not a safe queen for show. Scratches just give it character. Don't worry about the little stuff, and shoot the poop out of it, and use it like a tool. Expect it to have wear and tear and worry more about function, not finish.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Have to agree with USMCBill. I can understand being a bit miffed with the so-called "customer service" though. Bad business, but let's keep this in perspective: It's only a glock, and the slide is still protected even though the finish is a bit damaged.

Sorry you were treated like dirt, though.

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
still a bogus thread though.
From what empirical evidence do you draw that conclusion? :cool:

FWIW, I know that my Glocks are just tools, just like my beautifully-blued Gold Cups are just tools. I don't want either unnecessarily marred. I don't believe the OP needs any psychological counseling, just a competent person on whom he can depend to do work on his Glock. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
486 Posts

FWIW, I know that my Glocks are just tools, just like my beautifully-blued Gold Cups are just tools. I don't want either unnecessarily marred. I don't believe the OP needs any psychological counseling, just a competent person on whom he can depend to do work on his Glock. :rolleyes:
1. its his first post on the forum.

2. no responses from the OP.

3. no pictures.

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
Does this seem the least bit similar to that thread several months ago about the guide rod that was "shot out" of a new XD or XDm? :confused:

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
We will see if the OP add's any further response. But any how.....Thank you for throwing that out there if this truly did happnen. Won't be sending mine there.

By the way. Would anyone know if James at XD-HS2000 installs Glock NS. If so, that's where mine is going. His reputation of work is impeccable!!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
his story is true I sent my glock there before and the same thign happened to me I was so Peed off..

Oh yea I forgot I dont own a glock yet :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sometimes, yes, slides get slightly marred when taking off and putting on new sights. Its not as if you can do the deed with plastic or foam covered tools! LOL

However, it should NOT leave huge gashes or really awful long and deep marks. Yes....THAT is unacceptable.

But a few small markings.....man...I would not sweat it as long as the sights are on right. Its a Glock....a tool to be carried and used...not a prized nickel plated Colt safe queen for once a year range trips.

A few small marks will not be noticed after a while and I doubt your slide will rust. I have two older Glocks and both have almost no finish left on the slides and neither have a speck of rust.

- brickboy240
Thank you for the info. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you posted this over on ArizonaShooting.com? You might get better results raising a local issue on a local board.
No, not yet. I didn't even know about it. I am new when it comes to guns.
Thank you for the info. I will check it out. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is hard to believe that Glockmeister would use a punch to install sights. That would be the only way I think the dents would have happened. I always make sure if I need night sights installed I make sure that the GS I use has a sight pusher for that gun. I have seen people use a punch and you could not even tell it, and I have also seen the heck beat out of them putting them on with a punch. It is kinda hit or miss!!!, No pun intended!!! Good luck! Dave
According to James who installed the sights for me, he used the Glock front and rear sight tools.

BS!!! BS!!!!

Pictures?
Pictures:

Very Disappointed with Glockmeister - Page 6 - Glock Talk

Maybe the owner, Ben Paz, is still in prison and COULDN'T see the OP to take care of the problem.

I've installed a lot of night sights on Glocks, using the MGW Glock rear sight tool. Never marred a slide yet. Since the pusher never touches the slide, hard to understand how the phosphate finish was damaged.

If the original post is genuine, then not only was the "armorer" incompetent, but their attitude towards customers stinks. Since I found out about Ben's criminal activities, I've not done business with Glockmeister.
I have searched the internet to find out who was the owner of GM. And Ben Paz popped up. So I called them and requested to talk to Ben, they hanged up on me after stated, "there is no such a person." From your post, it makes some sense to me now why they are like that.

While I understand your desire to have a pristine looking firearm, consider this. It is a tool, not a safe queen for show. Scratches just give it character. Don't worry about the little stuff, and shoot the poop out of it, and use it like a tool. Expect it to have wear and tear and worry more about function, not finish.
It's how I was treated by them made me unhappy, not really all about the damage they had done to my slide.

Have to agree with USMCBill. I can understand being a bit miffed with the so-called "customer service" though. Bad business, but let's keep this in perspective: It's only a glock, and the slide is still protected even though the finish is a bit damaged.

Sorry you were treated like dirt, though.
Thank you for your support! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Thank you very much for your kindness. It means a lot to me! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1. its his first post on the forum.

2. no responses from the OP.

3. no pictures.
1. Yes, it was my first post. There are a lot more details here if you have the time and willing to read more about it:

Very Disappointed with Glockmeister - Glock Talk

2. Sorry, I am not always online and there is no way for me to reply to every single one. I do apologize if I am not able to reply to ones post.

3. Pictures:

Very Disappointed with Glockmeister - Page 6 - Glock Talk

1 - 20 of 47 Posts