Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally received my Versacarry OWB holster and gun belt. They have a deal right now where you can get the combo for $50 (excluding shipping and taxes) but it's a good deal and although i wasn't too crazy about the attached magazine pouch on the strong side; I thought I'd give it a go since the belt alone is well worth the $50.
Other than the attached magazine pouch (which could come handy I suppose), my first impression was that the holster is well made and I really love the matching color of both the belt and holster. According to the website, Versacarry is located in Texas and they make all of their products with water buffalo hide which from my research is much tougher than steer hide if you tan it correctly. The holster sits tight against your torso and high once attached to the belt which is great for concealability and I have found that wearing it at the 4'Oclock position is the most comfortable to me. When I first holstered my XDS, it was extremely snug and almost racked the slide back upon insertion. This is to be expected with new leather and it didn't take long for it to break in after leaving the pistol holstered over night. I'm impressed with the quality so far and once I have worn it several times I will follow up with another review.

This is where I got mine should you want to purchase it: Double Ply Belt + Commander Holster Combo

If you follow their directions to posting a review on their website; they will give you a 35% off coupon code to order anything else... if I don't like the attached magazine pouch I may use the coupon code to get a standard OWB holster to replace it.

Reactions: Snaphook

·
Registered
99 Posts
Got one for my XD subcompact 9, then liked it so much got the Protector for my XDS and S&W Shield mod 2 9mm and the Compound series for my XDS.

Very happy with their products.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wore it this weekend and this is so much more comfortable than carrying my Bodyguard in my IWB holster. I've gained a bit of weight so that may be one issue why wearing an IWB has become somewhat of a discomfort however this would be the first time I've actually carried wearing a OWB holster (other than wearing my XDM-40 in a Serpa holster at the range). The only issue with carrying in the 4 o'clock position is when sitting in my truck it tends to push back against the seat which I alleviate by sliding the holster forwards on the belt but overall, it conceals well (without the extra magazine) even though my first time I find myself constantly making sure my shirt is pulled down on that side. The belt is really nice and definitely helps hold the weight of my XDS and keeps it snug against my torso. Overall I'm really impressed and happy with this purchase and may end up purchasing one of their holsters without the magazine pouch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts