Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a new holster and came across this site.

Home

Does any have any experience with the product?

Thanks

Michael

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I'm not sure how it performs as a holster but I do enjoy the simplicity. For 20 bucks and a money back guarantee it seems like an option worth trying.

I CCW a full sized, 5" XD .40 Tactical. My concern is that because of the length of the weapon, too much will be sticking out of the pants. It would be nice if they offered different sizes that allow for sub compact, compact, service and full sized lengthed slides. Otherwise, this seems like a potentially great product for the money. I love to see American ingenuity at work addressing common problems at new angles.

·
Administrator
22,473 Posts
Thats a great idea but like he said ^ they only work for smaller frame size guns.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I spoke through email with a guy at Versa Carry and shared my concerns posted above about longer slides. This is what he said:

Thank you. You are correct longer barrel and slides would require longer clips, and we actually offer the product in several different lengths to accommodate different barrel lengths. The longest we currently have is a clip for a 4.5" barreled gun, but in November we will be releasing our Gen II line up which will have a clip for a full size 5" gun. Hope this helps and I hope we can help you out in the near future. If you need any further help or have any more questions please let me know.

Thanks

Justin S

Sounds like they have heard that question before. I think I'll buy one to give it a whirl. I can "risk" 20 bucks on a money back guarantee.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Looks interesting, might have to give that a try. Noticed on their saftey warnings they say not to carry with one in the chamber though.

·
Administrator
22,473 Posts
Looks interesting, might have to give that a try. Noticed on their saftey warnings they say not to carry with one in the chamber though.
Thats because the trigger is not protected. But if you have a safety of some sort it "should" protect you.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
Not sure I'd want to carry my XD in one, but the Bersa would be pretty cool, and when they come out with a wheelgun model, one for the Taurus

·
Registered
332 Posts
I was just looking into these. So has anyone tried one yet?

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Interesting concept, but I'd have to deploy 2 shirts. Wouldn't want my piece riding directly against my body.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was looking at these while @ my LGS the other day. The most striking "feature" was that the trigger is not protected. I think this pretty much rules out this option for me.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah I here you. The Gen II fixes that, and improves a few other things. But it's not out yet.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Hello, I do own this holster and love it, I have the 9mm XS. It works great. I bought this for my Ruger LC9. Smooth draw. I carry it and the 5 o'clock position. They do make a trigger guard for it. This holster has no bulk at all. It is very comfortable wearing this all day. I wear an under armour heat gear shirt (the very tight one) under my t-shirt so the gun is not against my skin. I have tried many IWB holsters. I have a drawer full of holsters and I finally found the best for me. One thing I love about it is that it fits all guns. No more buying a holster for each gun. I will be buying 2 more of these for my "4 9mm and 4" .45ACP I would recommend to any of my friends. VERY HAPPY with this holster.:p

Versacarry :: The Original ZeroBulk Holster

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Thats a great idea but like he said ^ they only work for smaller frame size guns.

BTW - They sell different sizes for all size guns

http://www.versacarry.com/sizing

·
Registered
332 Posts
Got mine not too long ago as well. I really like it. Throw some shorts on and head to the store with no problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the newest version of the Versa Carry with the trigger guard shroud. It is great! This is one of those products that makes you say "why diden't I think of that??" It is quit versatile and the draw is super smooth and fast.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought one as well for my SIG P290. Although I have given up on that model of pistol, I will be ordering the next size up for my xdm 3.8 9mm compact when it comes in. The trigger guard is a great feature and the draw is smooth. It does wobble and cant a little but I think it almost shifts with your body movement. It is a good investment for anyone looking to get rid of the bulk of IWB holsters. And for those of you worrying about how you have to take it out to re-holster it, think about why you had to draw it in the first place and re-holstering should be the last of your issues.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've recently been wearing the VersaCarry w/ trigger guard for both my Ruger SR9 and Bersa 380. I've prefer IWB and have/love both MTAC and Crossbreed holsters and was hesitant on the single clip for the SR9 but it has worked out great. I think you'll find VC to secure more than just micro/small frame weapons and highly recommend!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts