Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I "drop" my Vepr 12 and the weld brakes on the buttstock allowing it to be used as a folding stock as intended am I in violation of 922r compliance? I can swap out 6 parts but would rather not if I don't have to.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No more than 10 foreign parts for 922r. I like your thinking.:D

Sent from my two-story outhouse.
I understand this, but my question is does a broken weld count as a modification?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know the parts are easy on Saigas but not sure about Veprs. You could ask these guys..

Vepr-12 - forum.Saiga-12.com
I have, It is not a parts issue, its a compliance issue. I can swap out the trigger control (3 parts) the pistol grip, muzzle brake and piston puck and be in compliance but I would rather not if I don't have to. However I am pretty sure it counts breaking the weld would be a modification if it is need to allow for importation in the first place.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Yeah, was just thinking if the parts are easy to swap and an upgrade from factory parts why not just swap some. Do they use an AK grip or FCG?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It should use an AK grip, I know now that if I want it to fold I will have to swap out 6 parts. It does count as a modification.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just spent $140 so I can brake a weld. Stupid nonsense but I like to be in compliance with the law. I ordered the tapco fire control, muzzle brake, gas puck and pistol grip. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the CAA grip is now made in America. I love the grip on my AR and AK74 but those were Israeli made.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
As stupid as the law is, I agree, I'd rather not push it. Not sure if there are any good US mags for those but there's 3 parts too.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got my parts in today just waiting on the gun.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts