Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Banned
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I "drop" my Vepr 12 and the weld brakes on the buttstock allowing it to be used as a folding stock as intended am I in violation of 922r compliance? I can swap out 6 parts but would rather not if I don't have to.

· Banned
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No more than 10 foreign parts for 922r. I like your thinking.:D

Sent from my two-story outhouse.
I understand this, but my question is does a broken weld count as a modification?

· Banned
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know the parts are easy on Saigas but not sure about Veprs. You could ask these guys..

Vepr-12 - forum.Saiga-12.com
I have, It is not a parts issue, its a compliance issue. I can swap out the trigger control (3 parts) the pistol grip, muzzle brake and piston puck and be in compliance but I would rather not if I don't have to. However I am pretty sure it counts breaking the weld would be a modification if it is need to allow for importation in the first place.

· Banned
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It should use an AK grip, I know now that if I want it to fold I will have to swap out 6 parts. It does count as a modification.

· Banned
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just spent $140 so I can brake a weld. Stupid nonsense but I like to be in compliance with the law. I ordered the tapco fire control, muzzle brake, gas puck and pistol grip. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the CAA grip is now made in America. I love the grip on my AR and AK74 but those were Israeli made.

· Banned
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got my parts in today just waiting on the gun.

· Banned
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.