Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I'm home today...my three year old son with blond surfer boy hair decides to cut it while I stepped out of the living room to use to john. I come back in after a few minutes to find he was no longer watching sponge bob but has managed to locate a pair of scissors and is cutting off his bangs in chunks. He tells me he had eye boo boos (what he says when his hair falls in his eye's) and needed to cut his hair. Needless to say, he's in timeout until mommy get's home....that's when it will be my turn for timeout with the wife.

I know this is unrelated to the forums....but I have to vent.

Thank you

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
wrong sub forum :p

i dont think i ever did this, but my three siblings did, including my sister the week of pictures in kindergarden.

took those ridiculous bunny rabbit scissors little kids have with round ends that are ears and cant cut construction paper worth a damn.

cut a half moon into her front bangs, looked like a glue eating retard.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yep, you will be paying for that one for a long time. Time to Buzz his hair off and start over. :) Good thing it's only hair and it grows back. :D

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, you will be paying for that one for a long time. Time to Buzz his hair off and start over. :) Good thing it's only hair and it grows back. :D

Crap....she's home...and taking him to the barber

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
What kid didn't cut their own hair at some point?

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
Crap....she's home...and taking him to the barber
You idiot, don't wait for her to come home. Get him to the barber right away and it might look good on you. Guess it's too late for that. Good luck!

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Good luck man....I personally don't see it being a big deal but the lady probably doesn't agree.

I'm in Cincinanti if you need a place to retreat to:D

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Every kid does this, it's just a thing they do.

When I did it, my mom took me to the barber and I got a buzz cut 'for the summer'. Then, they found out I liked a buzz cut and it was really easy to take care of and I didn't have to go to the barber as much and that was it: buzz cuts until I was old enough to like girls (35 - that's normal, right?).

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Every kid does this, it's just a thing they do.

When I did it, my mom took me to the barber and I got a buzz cut 'for the summer'. Then, they found out I liked a buzz cut and it was really easy to take care of and I didn't have to go to the barber as much and that was it: buzz cuts until I was old enough to like girls (35 - that's normal, right?).
You like 35 girls?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Good luck with the wife. I remember when i butchered my hair my dad was in the bed with a HUGE migrain and i thought i was helping out. "I cutted my hair," i said. lol I remember that they wouldn't take me to get my hair cut and they told everyone that we saw that i had done it myself. I was so embarrased that i never tried it again.

Please tell us you atleast got a pic or two before he went to the barber

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
My daughter never did that, but my niece did a crazy chop-job on my nephew's hair....while at our house! Yep...we were keeping the cousins while they went on a vacation and one evening, while we went to the bedroom to watch a movie, they slipped off and chopped his hair off real good. It looked like someone hit him in the head with a weedeater!

I had to laugh, when I first saw it...it was too funny looking to be saddening..sorry! That was 3 years ago and my brother still gives me grief over it. LOL

Kids will be kids...right? Laugh, give him a burr haircut and go on about your biz. Its just hair and it will grow back normal soon enough.

- brickboy240

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
for the poster is this your first born ?

from a kid from a big family, where the boys were kinda badish, not criminal but shooting bb guns, hot wiring dirt bikes, inventing stuff, breaking other things, almost setting garage on fire, stealing fireworks, getting hurt weekly doing dumb **** and between the 4 kids we probably cost my dad the price of a modest home in stuff the insurance company didnt cover.

anyways if he is anywhere near "average" this will be rather tame compared to setting a friend on fire, getting bb lodged in arm, playing baseball and breaking windows, breaking numerous bones in sports and hijinks, crashing cars, breaking your perfectly good tools, on and on.

i think in a few years this may make you laugh and make you wonder how you could worry about hair, hair fixes itself.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts

from a kid from a big family, where the boys were kinda badish, not criminal but shooting bb guns, hot wiring dirt bikes, inventing stuff, breaking other things, almost setting garage on fire, stealing fireworks, getting hurt weekly doing dumb **** and between the 4 kids we probably cost my dad the price of a modest home in stuff the insurance company didnt cover.

anyways if he is anywhere near "average" this will be rather tame compared to setting a friend on fire, getting bb lodged in arm, playing baseball and breaking windows, breaking numerous bones in sports and hijinks, crashing cars, breaking your perfectly good tools, on and on.

i think in a few years this may make you laugh and make you wonder how you could worry about hair, hair fixes itself.
God, I hope I'm sterile.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
When they were 3, we caught out twins (boy and girl) under the grand piano cutting each others hair. It's a kid thing. It happens. Be glad it wasn't something worse.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
I cut my hair at least three times that I remember due to it going in my eyes when I ran... my parents never noticed.. I don't trust my parents that much. Of course I got bit by a spider, went unconcious for 15 hours or so and my parents never noticed I that i was in bed at mid-day....

Not a big deal really.

Funny story, my sister was a sophmore in HS and they cut her friends hair and we bought a barber kit to fix it... I have since cut my own hair for the last 8 years or so... maybe thats where my girl troubles come from.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Everyone one of my daughters did this atleast once to themself or to sister...or to the dog. Our dog looked like it had poke a dots...come to find out that was just near bald spots where the kids decided to cut spots...oh about 30 of them all over the dog.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

I got 4 kids, youngest is 9 oldest is almost 17.

Every one of them cut their own hair.

If that's the worst they ever do you are a lucky man.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts