Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an XD9 ive put about 1k rounds through it I dunno how many total since I bought it used, there is a light scratch on the slide besides that its in good shape cosmetically and it functions 100%. I feel like Its worth somewhere in the $350-$400 range, however after a couple of weeks it hasn't sold I'm wondering if I'm off on the pricing. All the gunshops around here are asking about 400-450 for used XD's in similar condition.....

Any input would be greatly apprechaited.

-aaron.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have an XD9 ive put about 1k rounds through it I dunno how many total since I bought it used, there is a light scratch on the slide besides that its in good shape cosmetically and it functions 100%. I feel like Its worth somewhere in the $350-$400 range, however after a couple of weeks it hasn't sold I'm wondering if I'm off on the pricing. All the gunshops around here are asking about 400-450 for used XD's in similar condition.....

-aaron.

It would sell here for $350 in a heartbeat, and $400 almost as fast!!
BK

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would sell here for $350 in a heartbeat, and $400 almost as fast!!
BK
I thought so too but no bites in the forsale forum, I put it @ 400 OBO.... Ive had one offer of $300 thats been about it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The gun holds no monetary value. It is, in a sense, invaluable.

Don't sell it. People regret selling guns 80% of the time.

Thats 8 out of 10 people.

I will have you also know that 7 out of 4 people are not that good at statistics and ratios.

Think about it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I thought so too but no bites in the forsale forum, I put it @ 400 OBO.... Ive had one offer of $300 thats been about it.
I should have been more clear. When I said here, I meant here in Utah. I cannot speak for the forum. I can speak for what I see sold privately here in norther Ut. anyway.
Good Luck though

BK

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The gun holds no monetary value. It is, in a sense, invaluable.

Don't sell it. People regret selling guns 80% of the time.

Thats 8 out of 10 people.

I will have you also know that 7 out of 4 people are not that good at statistics and ratios.

Think about it.
haha good point, I just don't shoot the XD well so I bought an M&P instead... I really don't have any need for two 9mm poly frame semi autos

·
Registered
22 Posts
just out of curiousity, why would you want to sell such a perfect firearm?

I would buy if i didnt already own a 9mm, but Im not sure I sould pay more than $350 when I can get a new one for around $500

*edit, saw your reply after I posted*

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just out of curiousity, why would you want to sell such a perfect firearm?

I would buy if i didnt already own a 9mm, but Im not sure I sould pay more than $350 when I can get a new one for around $500

*edit, saw your reply after I posted*
haha its cool, I just like the m&p better the XD is one heck of a good piece though I just don't shoot it that great compated to the M&P. ...

Is it un-common in regards to firearms to make offers? Cause I put OBO after the price and thus far only one offer (excluding trades has come through)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Is there a gunshop close by that will sell it on consignment for you? I know we have one here that will, they charge a flat rate of $55. but you'd probably stil get more for it that way then selling it outright presently.

I know you would easily pay $450 in most gun shops for a used XD around here right now..... Most are selling them new at $550 or more

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can tell you here in central Ohio, vances shooter supply is selling the same gun for 429.99 brand new, has been for the last 2 months. From my discussion with them, it seems it will stay in that range due to the release of the M model. The local pawnshop has one for 379 and its been there for quite some time.

Oh, since you have no need for it, and my hi point was a bad choice, you could donate it to the needy lol. I would even come pick it up face to face.

·
Registered
19 Posts

-aaron.
It also depends alot on the "form factor", is it tactical/service/sc?

·
Registered
855 Posts
I took my XD-9 Service in to a local Gander Mtn to check on trading it in for a new Sig. I wasn't really interested in trading it in but was curious about its trade-in value. The counter guy checked it out, looked in his book, rated it at 90% and offered me $210 for it. WTF? It's in nearly perfect condition and I know they'd turn around and sell it for $400.

I didn't trade it in, nor did I buy that new Sig yet. My XD is worth a heck of a lot more to me than a couple hundred bucks off a new gun.

IMO, by virtue of supply and demand I think we're going to see handguns get more expensive over the next few months, esp. high capacity/double stack mag models like full-size XDs and Glocks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts