Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new here and I'm looking for my first handgun. I saw an Intrac HS2000 at my local gun store and I really liked the look and feel of it. It's used, but it looks to be in great condition. However the price was $420.00 and it only comes with one magazine. Is this a good price considering the current economic situation, or would I be better off buying a brand new XD? And if so, what's a reasonable price to pay for either weapon?

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here and I'm looking for my first handgun. I saw an Intrac HS2000 at my local gun store and I really liked the look and feel of it. It's used, but it looks to be in great condition. However the price was $420.00 and it only comes with one magazine. Is this a good price considering the current economic situation, or would I be better off buying a brand new XD? And if so, what's a reasonable price to pay for either weapon?
That's high in my opinion. I wouldn't go higher than $350,00

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I think that is kind of high, you can usually pick up used XD 4" service models $400 or lower, and that is basically the same gun. I have bought a few HS 2000s for under $300.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Can you identify it from post #12 here:
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/sa-xd-xd-m-faq-stickies/671-xd-hs2000-faq-s.html
XD or HS, its a used gun. The condition and buyers desire drives the value. However like mentioned above, 420 seems a bit high. Excellent condition, box, manual, etc., may support a higher value.
Have a good inspection of it. Slip the slide off and check the locking block for cracks. If it has cracks in the corners, Springfiled should replace it free, but since its an HS you will have to foot the shipping out your pocket - another $75ish round trip. It could give you some bargaining room if your willing to ship it. The dealer may not know that SA will repair it.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Thats almsot the price of a new XD. I would want to get that for around 350$ if not less.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
I paid $430 for a brand new XD Service Essentials package.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That seems to high to me as well for a used gun with one mag but bare in mind just like with everything else, prices can vary depending on where you live. New XD's around me go for around $500-$550 and i've seen XDm's in the $700s.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
I picked up a HS2000 couple years back for $275 .. think that price is way too high

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
That seems to high to me as well for a used gun with one mag but bare in mind just like with everything else, prices can vary depending on where you live. New XD's around me go for around $500-$550 and i've seen XDm's in the $700s.
Thats good perspective.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts