Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anybody that doesn't know, there will be a Gunshow in Valley Forge, PA this weekend. The website has all of the information but if you're too lazy I'll include it here.

September 18th and 19th
Open: Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. & Sunday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Unfortunately there is an admission fee of $7 but children under 12 are admitted free

I think they may have $1 off coupons in Shotgun News, but don't quote me on this I haven't checked. This might be a good show to go to since it's the first show after the expiring AWB. You might be able to get some good LEO marked lower recievers and magazines there.

If you're going you can PM me, it'd be good to meet some more HS2K members. Looking forward to seeing some of you there.

Directions can be found here.

Krackels

·
Premium Member
28,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dirtyvicar, hope to see you there.

Krackels

·
Premium Member
28,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably Saturday, Sunday's church and there's always stuff going on

Krackels

·
Premium Member
28,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I'm back from the gunshow. I've found a new torture, going to a gunshow with no money. :cry:

There were some pretty good deals there. Although if you're looking for Yugo SKS's and Bulgarian Makarovs, your'e fresh out of luck. As far as I know all of the dealers that had them at a resonable price are sold out. I talked to one dealer and he had 20 maks and sold them all in a few hours ($150). He also had a full case of Yugo SKS's (don't know how many that is) and he sold all of them, I think he wanted $140 maybe less and maybe a little more.

A friend of mine picked up a Mossin Nagant 91/30 for $89 and 800 rounds of ammo for $65. :mrgreen: Eagle Arms (or something like that) from Allentown had a nice pistol grip Mossberg 500 (complete with barrel shroud and extended magazine) for $232 :shock: I thought that was a great price, but I don't know how it compares with other dealers. I didn't see too many great ammo deals there, at least not for 9mm and .40 s&w. There were great deals on rifle and surplus ammo though. In fact, we found the 800 rounds of 7.62x54R at Ammunitionstore.com's stand. They seemed to have pretty good deals on .223/5.56mm and 7.62x29 ammo. I think their stand is the one with the yellow ammo sign. Plenty of AR-15 uppers and miscellaneous parts for sale. And the one dealer that has a machining stand was really busy; he had probably 50 barreled upper recievers, parts of all types, and he offered basic smithing services.

Caution: if you're looking for basic mil-spec furniture good luck cause I didn't find much there. There were plenty of railed and ff handguards. And if you know what you're looking for, find out what the best price is that you can get it at including any shipping charges because I'm sure some pray on the ignorant.

Worst deal I saw, 100 round box of WWB value pack ammunition $14 plus tax. :shock: Pretty bad when you can get it at walmart for 10.88 plus tax or cheaper.

All in all, it's not too bad of a show. If you have time and money, you could go and just look around. Btw, all of the XD's I saw were way overpriced most were marked $429+ and there was one USED XD40 tactical for $450+. Don't even try to buy a gun without haggling, with the exception of some of the surplus guns. Who needs to haggle when you have such a good price. And if you plan on buying any sizeable ammount of ammo, bring one of those collapsible luggage carts.

Carrying a 50 lb case of ammo even if it's just to the car isn't a lot of fun.

Krackels

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi All. I'm new to this forum. I just got from the VF gun show with my first XD! It's an XD-9SC with Heine night sights. I got a pretty good deal, traded my G27 for it. I think it's much more user friendly than my Glock. Now I have to get to the range and try it out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts