Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see a lot of people saying they think a complete collapse is imminent and we’ll be living in third world country standards. If this is the case then medical care will be limited and sanitation poor.

So who here has included vaccinations as part of their preps? Me, I have about every vaccination available to man (keep in mind some are multi-shot series):

Anthrax
Small Pox
MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
Yellow fever
Typhoid
Pneumonia
Flu
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Tetanus-diphtheria
Varicella (Chicken Pox even though I had it as a kid)

And probably a few others I am forgetting!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
You can buy animal vaccines and hypos pretty easy, but pretty sure you need a script for the human counterparts.

I'd say its wise to be up to date, but I don't see a practicable purpose for having a chest of vaccines. They do have expiration dates you know. My Father (a small town doctor) quite doing the tropical vaccines because the smallest package he could order was a 10 pack and he'd end up pitching 8 or 9 of them.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
The typical "vacation" series, combined with antibiotics, like penicillin and tetracycline (both available over the counter at Vet supply stores), would probably be the best and most affordable way to prepare.

I doubt if that would protect against a determined biological attack (like anthrax), but would protect against diseases (like cholera) that prevail in times when sanitation breaks down.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Seems a little overboard in my experience. Ive had a tetnis shot, and maybe one or two others, of which i had horrible reactions too.

And i've only been sick 3 times in my 25 year life.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
So I see a lot of people saying they think a complete collapse is imminent and we’ll be living in third world country standards. If this is the case then medical care will be limited and sanitation poor.

So who here has included vaccinations as part of their preps? Me, I have about every vaccination available to man (keep in mind some are multi-shot series):

Anthrax
Small Pox
MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
Yellow fever
Typhoid
Pneumonia
Flu
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Tetanus-diphtheria
Varicella (Chicken Pox even though I had it as a kid)

And probably a few others I am forgetting!
I don't buy into the whole world collapse thing, but I do have all the vaccinations you have. Got them when I worked for Central Command. I used to pop in and out of the Middle East all the time and visited some really dumpy countries like Djibouti. Afghanistan is actually nicer/cleaner, IMHO.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do you keep your vaccinations refrigerated at the proper temperatures, keeping regular temperature logs? Do you waste a vaccine if it falls outside of it's temperature range and what procedure do you use? (I hope you don't just flush it down the toilet or sink where it has the potential to re-enter the water supply) Many vaccines are required to be kept within very specific temperature ranges. If not, bad things could happen (to you if you inject yourself with them). The least of these would be inadequate protection.

Vaccines: Recs/Storage and Handling main page

EDIT: Just seems somewhat impractical to keep vaccines unless you're a facility equipped to do so (ie Pharmacy, Hospital, Clinic, etc)

Jake

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
That's the best part! It was all free! My rich Uncle Sam paid for it!
Cant even remember. Combining the shots from basic and SRP, I think I'm vaccinated from every harmful thing in existence. Impossible to keep track. Anthrax shots were the only ones that really affected me. Made my arm sore enough to make lifting difficult.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was talking with a friend recently who does not vaccinate her kids, which is her right and I would not infringe on that. However, I found it funny that she was telling me that she does not think that kids need vaccines as no one gets measles, polio, chicken pocks, etc. anymore. She seemed to miss the fact that people don’t get a lot of these illnesses because most people have had vaccines in the US. She is talking about taking her kids on a short term mission trip out of the country and she does not seem to understand that going to a 3rd world country without her kids having even basic vaccines is very risky.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Im pretty sure zombiehunter is saying he is vacinated, not that he is keeping the bottled vaccines in prep. Since A) they have a short storage life B) usually have to be kept at a set cooler temp C) what a PITA is would be to use just one dose and have to toss the rest unless you were nice to your family friends and or neighbots.

I also keep my vacinations up and since I travel ALOT for work I get them to pay for it. Last trip to the county health department before I left for Korea cost around $400 for the visit. But they also cut me some scripts for some high strength pain killers, allergy meds, ect since they know Im not a junkie, I hike alot, etc. I get them filled at Costco since its cheaper and you dont even have to be a member to use their pharmacy (FYI to those wishing to save on meds).

I was talking with a friend recently who does not vaccinate her kids, which is her right and I would not infringe on that. However, I found it funny that she was telling me that she does not think that kids need vaccines as no one gets measles, polio, chicken pocks, etc. anymore. She seemed to miss the fact that people don’t get a lot of these illnesses because most people have had vaccines in the US. She is talking about taking her kids on a short term mission trip out of the country and she does not seem to understand that going to a 3rd world country without her kids having even basic vaccines is very risky.
Just because most americans are vacinated does not mean that some person from Europe wont being the bug IN..
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=960&sid=15215204

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
i thought vaccines were government mind control?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i thought vaccines were government mind control?
Well this is true, every time I heard the code word I have to immediately began trying to spread democracy throughout the world.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts