1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
If the parts are romy, then yes. A Yugo is a little thicker if I am not mistaken. You can always call IO and ask or do a quick internet search of key characteristics of a Romy and a Yugo (like gas tube etc) or post a pic and some people can tell you what you got.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
From my understanding IOinc uses Romanian stuff, so the UTG should fit it provided that you don't have one of the STG-2000's that has that long clamshell forend on it like is shown in the link. If that's the case, without changing a lot of stuff, the only solution I have found for it is the Samson K-rail

STG

·
Registered
5,759 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for the heads up! CTD not a good source? never ordered from them before.

really im scratching my head trying to figure out if i need to get the rails and have this gun set up to my liking or just spend all my $$$ now on ammo:confused:

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
CTD raised their prices the same evening Obama was elected. I don't have a lot of respect for companies that have done that. They were screaming shortages from demand before they were even out of stock of what they had on hand.

Plus, on top of that, their shipping prices suck. Order a $1 hammer spring, it'll end up costing you $16 or $17 by the time you get it.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
AIM is a great place to do business! I have a UTG quad rail on a Vector build, I love the way it looks and feels.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
I have a UTG on my Hungarian AMD 65....fit's perfectly and works well with the AMD and give's it the tacticool look. I have not attempted to put a UTG on my Yugo or Norinco. You shouldn't have a problem, just don't attach it to the gas tube too tightly, snug but don't clamp it down to much as you can grimp the gas tube.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have a utg rail on my set up and love it. After my son got through shooting mine, he went out and bought one for his. Great rail and function is awesome. And no, we didn't but from ctd. I have bought from them before the gun scare, but not after they hiked up their prices.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the STG 2000C version that is in that link and I have been trying to figure out what my options are for new hand guards that incorporate the picatinny or weaver rails so I can put a vertical grip, laser, flashlight and bi-pod on my gun. Does the Samson K-rail really fit and is there anything I will need to change on the gun to make it fit, such as removing the clamshell or having to change out anything else? I'll buy the Samson K-rail if it will go on easy but I don't want to have to rip apart the gun to get it to work. Please advise since I haven't seen any other option listed by anyone when it come to changing out the hand guards. I don't know why I/O made it such a pain since they should've figured people would want accessories. If I knew what I knew now I probably wouldn't have bought the gun since putting a vertical grip on was first in my mind but I didn't know these grips were so specially made.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I have the STG 2000C version that is in that link and I have been trying to figure out what my options are for new hand guards that incorporate the picatinny or weaver rails so I can put a vertical grip, laser, flashlight and bi-pod on my gun. Does the Samson K-rail really fit and is there anything I will need to change on the gun to make it fit, such as removing the clamshell or having to change out anything else? I'll buy the Samson K-rail if it will go on easy but I don't want to have to rip apart the gun to get it to work. Please advise since I haven't seen any other option listed by anyone when it come to changing out the hand guards. I don't know why I/O made it such a pain since they should've figured people would want accessories. If I knew what I knew now I probably wouldn't have bought the gun since putting a vertical grip on was first in my mind but I didn't know these grips were so specially made.
Welcome to XD Talk! :cool:

John A. recently added a modified Samson to his STG and it can be seen in this thread.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I just got mine from AIM and LOVE it!! It's solid, sturdy, snug and appears to be very well made.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Question for everyone: What type of optic system would you suggest using with the UTG quad rail? The top rail sits so far forward that I'm afraid to waste my money on a nice optic, then find out it won't work. Just for ****s-and-giggles, I mounted a 3-9x scope on my mine and the distance between my eyeball and the scope was way too far. Everything looked warped(kind of fish-eyed) and blurry.

Does anyone know if an EOTech, AimPoint, or Aimpoint clone would work properly sitting that far forward on the rifle?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts